Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

$4 to $6 toll with size increase of the HRBT.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: $4 to $6 toll with size increase of the HRBT.

So if they're adding 4 lanes, what happens to the existing lanes, and would those 4 new lanes be the only ones with a toll on them?
Old 10-01-2010, 05:03 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Fuck you all...I'll be long gone out of HR before this happens
Old 10-01-2010, 05:32 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

I have seen many tolls with EZ Pass. I have never seen a toll in a high traffic area that didn't create a huge backup, despite EZ pass lanes.
$4 to $6 is nuts.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:33 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Fuck you all...I'll be long gone out of HR before this happens
its not soon enough though.........JOKING.

..but i'm all for a private company to come in and do this. FUCK VDOT
Old 10-01-2010, 05:36 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
its not soon enough though.........JOKING.

..but i'm all for a private company to come in and do this. FUCK VDOT
What the fuck do we pay taxes out the ass for in this state if we're going to have private companies doing everything and charging us tolls?
Old 10-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Derp Status

MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow

redo for flat roads would be a good idea
Old 10-01-2010, 05:52 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by marlinspike
What the fuck do we pay taxes out the ass for in this state if we're going to have private companies doing everything and charging us tolls?
i think we should stop paying taxes all together for shit like this, but that is just me, and when was the last time VDOT actually did something right or did something that didn't take 3 years?

Last edited by NasTHatch; 10-01-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:34 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Originally Posted by blah

The tolls aren't the problem for me; the question is when would the tolls would be lifted. (Most likely never.)

2 more things:
-Didn't we just find out DMV was hoarding a billion dollars the other day? Use that since it was just going to be laundered away to some asshole's pocket anyways.
-I think an outside partnership should build it and collect the tolls until they recoup their money. It'll be built quicker (no way it should take 5 years to do), cheaper (way less than $4 billion), be done right the first time (Hello I-64 HOV lanes by the Hampton Coliseum having to be redone 3x by the same group while getting paid 3x) and the local/state governments will be real quick the snatch the tolls away from them after a certain number of months. Basically, I think VDOT is managed by a bunch of fucking idiots at all levels, whom don't know how to do their jobs.
Fixed
Old 10-02-2010, 04:35 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Originally Posted by marlinspike
I have seen many tolls with EZ Pass. I have never seen a toll in a high traffic area that didn't create a huge backup, despite EZ pass lanes.
$4 to $6 is nuts.
Go to South Florida and ride the turnpike, especially through West Palm in Rush Hour. Traffic keeps scooting with the SunPass. Those that do not have one simply use the right hand lanes cut out on the side..
Old 10-02-2010, 04:37 AM
ATGATT

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
i think we should stop paying taxes all together for shit like this, but that is just me, and when was the last time VDOT actually did something right or did something that didn't take 3 years?
But, in the mean time, we're paying the taxes of a state that doesn't nickle and dime its residents, but with talk of nickel and diming us on top of that too.