Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

The 1 Series has landed at Checkered Flag

Old 05-30-2008, 01:00 PM
'08 135i & '00 S4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audiS4_apr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The 1 Series has landed at Checkered Flag

Originally Posted by B Speed
I was planning to get one, but they didn't have one on the lot with what I wanted for options, so I bought a 2008 JB 335i instead. My work schedule doesn't really allow me to order cars because I never know when I'll be home or on the road, so getting one from the lot was a must, and I have no regrets about getting a 3 instead of a 1.

Congrats nonetheless! Just out of curiosity, who is your sales advisor at CF?

You can't go wrong with the 335i! I bought the 135i from Darrell Johnson. He's ex-navy like myself and was even the same rate that I was. Not to mention I bought our (her) '06 325i from him awhile back.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:03 PM
'08 135i & '00 S4

Originally Posted by spike
I got mine the 2nd week of April. 135i SGM, coral red interior, sport package, 6spd. The car is a blast to drive. Gas mileage is pretty good. I avg. around 30-31mpg on my trip back to the beach a couple weeks ago.
I decided between graphite metallic and sapphire black metallic and ended up going with the black because I liked that color on their 135i demo. From what i understand 6 speed is fairly rare. Are you considering the Dinan upgrade? The car handles great but I think it needs a few more hp.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

Originally Posted by audiS4_apr
You can't go wrong with the 335i! I bought the 135i from Darrell Johnson. He's ex-navy like myself and was even the same rate that I was. Not to mention I bought our (her) '06 325i from him awhile back.
Yeah it's good.

I'd love to do a black Bimmer shoot sometime.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:10 AM

Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers

audiS4_apr, beautiful car! How much was it after tax/title etc...?
Old 06-04-2008, 05:21 PM
'08 135i & '00 S4

Originally Posted by Chezkers
audiS4_apr, beautiful car! How much was it after tax/title etc...?
Uh, it got expensive because I added nearly every option available. They start at 34k but mine ended up in the mid 40's. There are a ton of cars out there that cost less but you have to buy what *you* want to drive.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:27 PM
'08 135i & '00 S4

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I think the 1 series is fresh as hell.
Yea, the 135i looks have to grow on some people. I will admit I wasn't crazy about it looking at pics from some angles. I was drawn to it due to the slightly smaller size and the twin turbo 6 engine AND the fact that checkered flag sells Dinan software for it.

BTW, there are two nuts that drive GT500 mustangs to the shipyard every day. A red one and a blue one.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

BTW, there are two nuts that drive GT500 mustangs to the shipyard every day. A red one and a blue one.
What makes them nuts? Stereotypical Mustang, douchebags, I presume? Or just nuts for parking those cars in the shipyard's parking lot?
Old 06-05-2008, 02:34 PM
'08 135i & '00 S4

Originally Posted by XCELR8
What makes them nuts? Stereotypical Mustang, douchebags, I presume? Or just nuts for parking those cars in the shipyard's parking lot?

Yea, "parking those cars in the shipyard's parking lot"

I thought they were fairly rare cars after hearing about people paying way over sticker price last year. Then again, according to this website Ford made enough GT500's in '08 to meet demand. It just doesn't seem right to drive a car to the yard that has the engine builder's signature on the engine.

http://www.2008shelbygt500.com/
Old 06-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

It just doesn't seem right to drive a car to the yard that has the engine builder's signature on the engine.

http://www.2008shelbygt500.com/
I wholeheartedly agree. My engine doesn't even have the plaque you speak of, and it's only driven on sunny days!
Old 06-06-2008, 03:15 AM
Registered Member

banned_user is an unknown quantity at this point

get a true classic, a racecar made for sale only because the rules required they actually sell a production car http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...m280231306690&

Quick Reply: The 1 Series has landed at Checkered Flag