Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

757 Fishing Spots

Old 05-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vitamin ef has disabled reputation
Default 757 Fishing Spots

Wondering if anyone had good fishing spots within 757 area - Saltwater...

I used to have good luck off the boat and Harrisons pier, but OV Pier isn't the same...

CBBT/Seagull Pier is usually crap, I've seen stripers just chilling along the pylons and no one could get one to bite, I tried everything too... Only thing I usually catch out there is rays...

Wondering if fishing is still allowed on the Duck Inn side? I used to go there when Duck Inn was still up, parked parallel to restaurant and never had a towing/ticket problem... Just wondering does anyone know of a city/free parking close by and fished recently in that area? I know the other side has some sort of buddy system throw a dollar inside of a box thing but i don't trust that enough not to have my car towed when I come back...

Also, i'm welcome to any other area around there to fish off the beach that has good results? I've done rudee inlet but too crowded over there, ocean view has a few, just wondering good and accessible fishing spots ?
Thanks
Old 05-03-2008, 11:43 AM
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of
Default Re: 757 Fishing Spots

I dont know why people say Seagull is crap, its not hard at all to catch fish at Seagull.. If you use shit bait (i.e, squid, cutbait, ETC) you're going to catch Skates in between the other stuff..

Those striper along the pylons are easily caught with a couple differnt lures.. Rattle Traps, Mirror Lures, Gotcha Plugs all brin gthem in with ease.. Live eel works real well, even cut eel works pretty good..

What are you primarily fishing for? Each pier around here has its own good and bad..

Lynhaven - Mainly a Croaker/Spot pier, with Blues, Puppy Drum, Roundhead, Flounder, the occasional Striper and the occasional Black Sea Bass..

Seagull - Blues, Croaker, Spot, Striper, Shark, Summer time is pretty good Spade fishing out there along the pylons, Flounder, The last month or so Tog have been running out there.. Cobia is not common, but occasionally catched, Black Drum, occasional Speckled Trout..

OVP - Croaker, Spots, Speckled Trout and Striper in along the jetty, Flounder, occasional Grey trout, has seen come Cobia last year..

Ive personally never fished Virginia Beach Pier or Little Island pier, but both can catch a wide varity of species..

Fishing at the Lynhaven inlet is still aloud, Around Duck inn and the likes..

Seagull uring the summer months is about your best bet to catch fish, if you must fish from a pier, just depending on conditions..
Old 05-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, I was throwing bass lures, rapalas and rattlers, bucktails with/without attached artificial baits/porkrind strips...

I was mostly trying to figure out good public spots to park and walk, piers have been down hill for me... miss going out on the boat, that's the best fishing!

Thanks though! appreciate it
Old 05-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Registered member

DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus

about 68 miles ESE of rudy on the west wall of the norfolk canyon
Old 05-04-2008, 02:24 AM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

TCC off of I- 664 and College Dr. I've never fished there, but I sometimes wonder though there to see what they are catching. A lot of of retired military guys fish back there. I've seen them catch croakers, spot and strippers back there.

Edit: Make sure to have a fishing license, the game warden and marine patrol frequent back there as well.

Last edited by SMOKEYBEAR; 05-04-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:54 PM
FIGHT THE POWAH

shesdownandout has disabled reputation

there's a pier at sandbridge im not much of a fisher myself but i do go out there a lot and witness people catching fish so it's not dead. but other than that there's that spot of elbow . thats freshwater though
Old 05-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by DisturbedFocus
about 68 miles ESE of rudy on the west wall of the norfolk canyon
hah, got a boat? Let's roll!

Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR
TCC off of I- 664 and College Dr. I've never fished there, but I sometimes wonder though there to see what they are catching. A lot of of retired military guys fish back there. I've seen them catch croakers, spot and strippers back there.

Edit: Make sure to have a fishing license, the game warden and marine patrol frequent back there as well.
I know exactly where you are talking about, I seen people out there and was wondering what the hell was going on...
I'll be going to school there after July, Thanks for the info,

Originally Posted by shesdownandout
there's a pier at sandbridge im not much of a fisher myself but i do go out there a lot and witness people catching fish so it's not dead. but other than that there's that spot of elbow . thats freshwater though
Ahh yeah, I bet that is a good spot, never been there... I've been getting into fresh water, been to a few Suffolk Lakes and one near Williamsburg/ChickahominyWildlife Management area
Old 05-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

I've had the best luck of my life at the first pier of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:59 PM
I <3 KARMA!

resideinVA has disabled reputation

never really done a whole lot of saltwater fishing but while were on the subject of fishing, if you want a goooodddd freshwater spot- Waterlily down in Currituck. not too far from the stateline. its perfect for a cane pole or anything really. been going there since i was a kid
another is around the same spot in the coinjock canal
but if you have a boat...the possibilities are endless down there
damn it i havent gone in so long! def time to get the tackle box and poles and a fishing license
Old 05-06-2008, 07:54 AM
yard man

professorman has disabled reputation

You need a fishing license to fish in VA? Me and my roomie are just trying to get into fishing. We bought our rods and started kit in walmart on Friday and went out in the night. We had no idea what we were doing. I dont think it was even possible to catch fish with our setup that night. Well, we went out again last night. We had help now, because there were other people fishing, and we had the correct setup this time. I didnt catch anything, but my roomie caught one fish. It was fun though. I want to get better equipment now. I fish off this pier close to chestnut st in the lower end of Newport News on the downtown side.

Quick Reply: 757 Fishing Spots