Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Accident on 264 leaving Va Bch last night

Old 07-29-2006, 04:05 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Accident on 264 leaving Va Bch last night

Did anyone see or know what happened? I drove through right after it happened a little after 11.

Appeared to be 3 cars
1. Red Mustang Gt Fox Body
2. Some White car
3. A silver or grey 4 door...maybe an Altima or G35

The Mustang was smashed to shit against the guardrail on the right and the silver car was parked in the middle of the left and center lanes.

When I came though it must had just happened because traffic hadn't backed up yet.

I saw the fox off to the side and that took my attention away from teh fact that the silver car was in my lane. When I looked back in front of me I was between 50 and 75 ft away.

I will say that I'm 100% sure that every thing I learned at the Bondurant School of Racing is applicable in real life.They run us through a crash avoidance portion that was exactly the same scenario.

I managed to swerve around it at 70 or so with 3 cars around me and didn't hit anything....damn near gave myself a heart attack though.

Got past that and the guy that was to my right actually pulled up and honked and gave me the thumbs up. I could tell that he wasn't pissed but was just impressed that I pulled it off without killing myself.

Called 911 and got the Va Bch poilce who in so many words didn't give a shit about an accident on 264 and then told me to call the Highway Patrol.

Called them and was told "we'll check it out."

Then as I was getting off on Newtown to 64W there were about 7 Highway Patrol cars parked on the off ramp and 264 to pull over 1 van.

Interesting.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:13 AM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme
Default Re: Accident on 264 leaving Va Bch last night

hmm.. speeding tickets over accidents....
Old 07-29-2006, 05:35 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Next time when you call, tell them "accident with injuries" otherwise they will assume a minor fender bender when people just exchange insurance info.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:48 AM
Bimmer Prick

B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU

Was this right after the First Colonial Exit? I got off at FC exit and traffic was starting to back up.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:59 AM
Go fuck yourself

nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing.

I was driving to the end of my neighborhood to get wendys and at the stop light there was a car full of thugs. I found that odd becuase my neighborhood is not where they should have been.

On my way back from wendys 4-5 min. later there were 4 cops surrounding their car and the thugs were all face down on the hood of one of the cop cars.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:05 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by B EMDBLU
Was this right after the First Colonial Exit? I got off at FC exit and traffic was starting to back up.
It was a mile or so before exit 19 ( I think that's Lynnhaven) so it would be around 1St Colonial
Old 07-30-2006, 06:06 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

I was wondering what the back up was. Hope everyone was alright.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:38 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Glad you didn't end up a part of that accident, man.. That would be pretty nasty at 70mph.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:41 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

I would have blasted the back quarter of the car. I'm still freaked out about it.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:38 AM
DANGEROUS

REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER

Damn... 264 was full of accidents. On Friday on my way down to the beach I saw a Silver F250 flipped over on its side and then on saturday around 7ish I saw a motorcycle accident. You could barely tell it was a motorcycle.

Quick Reply: Accident on 264 leaving Va Bch last night