Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Advice for Williamsburg

Old 06-14-2011, 06:03 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy
Default Re: Advice for Williamsburg

Food for Thought is awesome, the owner Howard is a great guy and is all about just making great food and having a classy place. It's still casual dining though, a little nicer than say Outback or something.

Opus 9 is great, a little dressy. I wouldn't go in there in jeans and a T-shirt.

Cheese Shop for lunch is awesome.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:13 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

If you've ever been to a good steakhouse, don't waste your money on Opus 9. I rather get a better, less expensive meal at Le Yaca than Opus 9 anyway.

I know S2k_guy is a big fan of Food for THought, but I never had as bland a meal in my life as I had there. 2nd Street Bistro is IMHO a better choice.

I always liked Blue Talon Bistro for lunch, but their menu isn't as good as it used to be.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:50 AM
Registered Member

lowrd03vr6 has disabled reputation

Thanks for all of the suggestions and information guys. I will have to try and check out a couple of these places while we are there!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:57 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

If you want to go to the Fat Canary you will need to call like a week early for reservations. If they are booked for when you go, go across the road and go to The Trellis, it is also a very good resteraunt.

I go to Williamsburg about once a month to our timeshare. You will find stuff to do.

If you are into beer, go to the Alewerks Brewery for their tour and sample of their beers at the end.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:11 AM
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

spend entire day at Library.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Registered Member

wilhit10 has disabled reputation

How about cars and coffee tomorrow morning at the winery? Classy and have some wine, then WC will be more enjoyable. Water country is water is. People love it, like and hate it. This is the last weekend I would go due to the lines. When the kids get out of school, it gets real busy.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:57 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

water country is pretty much always packed when they re-open, same for busch gardens. as far as steak houses go i prefer longhorn over opus9 any day. the winery can be a nice place to visit for the wife and yourself, pretty much everything there is to do in williamsburg has already been posted by others.

also whereabouts in culpeper are you? i moved down here to williamsburg in 03 from there