Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Aftermarket Exhausts in VA

Old 06-10-2013, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlamdEK-4DR has disabled reputation
Default Re: Aftermarket Exhausts in VA

thats why you guys should move to nc..we can ride around uncappd and still wont get a ticket
Old 06-10-2013, 08:44 AM
uhh.. what?

idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly

if you dont drive like an asshat, 9 out of 10 times they wont even notice you. I've had my car for like 5 years and been pulled once for tint
Old 06-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Registered member

lebaneezy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by smokescreen
Originally Posted by lebaneezy
how would you get a ticket for and intake lol
some intakes increase sound.

This is true, ive just never heard any stories of anyone being like "he pulled me over because my intake was to loud" lol. I guess i just over looked it.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
If a shop is caught pulling a catalytic converter system off a car and installing a non-catalytic converter system, they get hit with a HUGE fine (from what I'm told it's $5k up).

Find a buddy with a welder.
that makes me sad. :/ i'll just wait til i go back to ga to get them installed.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

that makes me sad. :/ i'll just wait til i go back to ga to get them installed.
There are hundreds of "performance" shops that might do it for you.

Hell, there are quite a few good fabricators on here that post often.

Maybe (just maybe) they would help you out.

Maybe do the cutting yourself and then use V-Bands as your connections. Just a thought.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen smokescreen

there's not real cutting or welding involved. they're bolt ons. i just don't have the proper tools or area to get it done myself.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

there's not real cutting or welding involved. they're bolt ons. i just don't have the proper tools or area to get it done myself.
What kind of car are you talking?

I have a garage and it shouldn't involve anything except for an o2 removal socket and some metric/standard sockets.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Registered member

Mirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to all

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
What kind of car are you talking?

I have a garage and it shouldn't involve anything except for an o2 removal socket and some metric/standard sockets.
I was thinking the same thing. Profile says 350Z. Dont know exactly what they use but its most likely 3 14mm bolts on one side, 2 on the other.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:50 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

If those are anything like the ones on a 370, the bolts that join the headers to the cats are a royal pain in the ass. When i say pain in the ass, I mean even more so than typical exhaust fasteners. Pain in the ass as in you use liquid penetrant and heat/cold and pray you don't round them off anyway. Did I mention they're also very difficult to get to? The last ones I saw had to be destructively removed. Just something to look into before jumping in. I don't know much about 350's but I get the feeling they aren't very different from 370's.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Yardjass
If those are anything like the ones on a 370, the bolts that join the headers to the cats are a royal pain in the ass. When i say pain in the ass, I mean even more so than typical exhaust fasteners. Pain in the ass as in you use liquid penetrant and heat/cold and pray you don't round them off anyway. Did I mention they're also very difficult to get to? The last ones I saw had to be destructively removed. Just something to look into before jumping in. I don't know much about 350's but I get the feeling they aren't very different from 370's.
you hit the nail on the head. which is exactly why i wanted to have a shop do it. i've tried and failed. i didn't have the right swivel to get to the bolt.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Exhausts in VA