Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

anniversary dinner with my wife.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:47 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: anniversary dinner with my wife.

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Because pretty much every restaurant in this area is terrible?
Doubtful. I've eaten in a lot of 4 and 5 star restaurants and Zoe's does a great job
Old 08-16-2012, 05:50 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

I avoid VA Beach at all costs, so I've never been, I just know that living in this area means adjusting standards in a downward direction.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride

Originally Posted by boostedgst97
Its my wife and i 2 year wedding anniversary coming up next week. She want to go have a nice dinner and i have no idea on any nice places. What would you guys recommend. Doesnt have to be anything specific i as thinking maybe ruth chrises or bravo in town center.
Ruth chrise for sure. We go there once a month. Expensive but great. Melting pot is good also.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:20 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by famlyride
Ruth chrise for sure. We go there once a month. Expensive but great. Melting pot is good also.
Then your tastes suck.

Ruth's Chris is a middle of the road steak place and the melting pot is overpriced crap
Old 08-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Then your tastes suck.

Ruth's Chris is a middle of the road steak place and the melting pot is overpriced crap
+1.

OP - There's a nice place on the ocean front, Mojitos. Low key place, not upscale, not expensive, but the food is amazing and its a great environment. . . unless you're looking to get dressed up. Would be a nice place to take the wifey then you could walk to the ocean front and sit on the beach.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Registered Member

100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF

I would suggest Chuckie Cheese. I heard it's under new Ownership and has made it up the scale with the others quickly. I also have some free cut out coupons you can have for free. That will save you later on with the Motel. Just my words of advice...I tend to go ALL OUT when I take the family out.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:42 PM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

Vintage Kitchen in the Dominion Tower building in Norfolk.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:02 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

The guys from Zoes just got back from cooking at he James Beard house, that is like the culinary equivalent of going to the Oscars. They must be doing something right.

I would be very interested in hearing how it was "the worst dining experience of your life, ever".
Old 08-17-2012, 06:17 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
The guys from Zoes just got back from cooking at he James Beard house, that is like the culinary equivalent of going to the Oscars. They must be doing something right.

I would be very interested in hearing how it was "the worst dining experience of your life, ever".
Probably sticker shock when he opened the menu and then tried to bullshit his way through the appetizers.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:25 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Zoes, Terrapin, Vintage Kitchen, Byrd & Baldwin, One Fish Two Fish

Listed in the ordered I prefer.

Quick Reply: anniversary dinner with my wife.