Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any 757 Hockey Players looking to play?

Old 12-31-2009, 01:16 PM
ladies love my foam.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam
Default Re: Any 757 Hockey Players looking to play?

Originally Posted by MeanGreenGSX
i just played for the first time in about 15 years a few weeks ago at chilled ponds one of their pick up games. I cant skate at all anymore, to much time playing roller hockey and never any ice access. Working on the skating is first priority right now. If ive pulled my shit together well enough for march i plan to join the league there.

Until then ill keep going to the open ice sessions then ill jump back into the pickup games.
i'll be doing that a lot too... i can definitely still skate but the endurance isnt there like it used to be
Old 01-05-2010, 09:30 PM
93 EG Hatch

tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch

id be down to play....but i cant stop on ice to save my life...played roller for 9 years
Old 01-06-2010, 04:17 AM
ladies love my foam.

Originally Posted by tempesthatch
id be down to play....but i cant stop on ice to save my life...played roller for 9 years
i'll teach you, spend an hour on the ice.... i'll have you stopping.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:40 AM
93 EG Hatch

tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch

i can stop a little but not well enough to play a full paced game like i could on roller
Old 01-06-2010, 11:10 AM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

i can stop a little but not well enough to play a full paced game like i could on roller
Wear a pair of skates that isn't sharpened real good, and are kinda dull... that might help you learn to stop easier at first...
Old 01-06-2010, 03:17 PM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mr. Projekt
i'll teach you, spend an hour on the ice.... i'll have you stopping.
wheres the sign up sheet? i stop about as good as the guy in might ducks that just flys into the walls.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:21 PM
93 EG Hatch

yea im the same way....and im soo not used to ice rules.....like offsides and two line passing and icing n shit...never understood the rules. ive played in a league with offsides in roller b4 though so thats not a thing id be worried about.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:40 AM
ladies love my foam.

Originally Posted by s2katin
Wear a pair of skates that isn't sharpened real good, and are kinda dull... that might help you learn to stop easier at first...
^^^man knows his stuff...

even as an experienced skater (been skating for almost 20 years now) i still wear my skates almost as dull as a goalie. i sacrifice a little on acceleration but i get a lot of maneuverability.

dull blades slide a lot easier on the ice, as opposed to sharp skates cut into the ice and bite hard causing you to stop alot quicker.

wheres the sign up sheet? i stop about as good as the guy in might ducks that just flys into the walls.
analogy brought back some memories and an lol.

well if anyone wants to head out to public skate im 100% down to go out and do some tutoring.

PM me for a date/time/number etc...

yea im the same way....and im soo not used to ice rules.....like offsides and two line passing and icing n shit...never understood the rules. ive played in a league with offsides in roller b4 though so thats not a thing id be worried about.
again, not complicated Ive coached kids ages 10-13 in these before and they picked up on it..... (eventually)

if anyone needs help with rules, skating, etc.. please dont hesitate to PM me i'd be happy to help out either with rule explanation or skate/shooting/passing/skills training
Old 01-07-2010, 02:57 PM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

i havent checked any retention ponds around here in chesapeake for thickness yet, but, most all of them have stayed frozen over top 24 hours a day for the entire week. Wondering if by sunday anywhere will have thick enough ice to skate on. 4" is what i read for people.

this link also tells you how to get back out of the ice when my advice is wrong. hehe
http://gf.nd.gov/education/ice-brochure.html
Old 01-07-2010, 04:38 PM
ladies love my foam.

i havent checked any retention ponds around here in chesapeake for thickness yet, but, most all of them have stayed frozen over top 24 hours a day for the entire week. Wondering if by sunday anywhere will have thick enough ice to skate on. 4" is what i read for people.

this link also tells you how to get back out of the ice when my advice is wrong. hehe
http://gf.nd.gov/education/ice-brochure.html
if you find a pond good to skate on, i have portable regulation nets and full equipment im down for a game

Quick Reply: Any 757 Hockey Players looking to play?