Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any audio heads on the site

Old 12-06-2009, 06:06 PM
mr.saltine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bos74211 bos74211 bos74211 bos74211 bos74211 bos74211 bos74211 bos74211 bos74211 bos74211 bos74211
Default Re: Any audio heads on the site

Originally Posted by itssteve16
yeah im up in the odu area during the week but im down in the yorktown area on the weekends
dats whatup.im thing about 4 splw series 12's now.instead of all them 10's.are u familiar wit those blowthru setup's i posted?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:59 PM

itssteve16 itssteve16 itssteve16 itssteve16 itssteve16 itssteve16

yeah man, i am familiar with those, just let me know whats going on dimension wise so i can try and get some designs for you
Old 12-08-2009, 06:20 PM
mr.saltine

bos74211 bos74211 bos74211 bos74211 bos74211 bos74211 bos74211 bos74211 bos74211 bos74211 bos74211

yeah man, i am familiar with those, just let me know whats going on dimension wise so i can try and get some designs for you
like this but in a box form because im not gonna seal my trunk or fiberglass.i was wantin to do the mouth thru my seat verses takin the whole seat out.think u can come up wit sumpin for like this.i think imma run 4 spl comp. 12's

Old 12-10-2009, 02:38 PM
TTTTIIIMMMAAAAAYYY!

dxplicitone has a spectacular aura aboutdxplicitone has a spectacular aura about

Honestly you cant just come on here expecting people to come up with designs on the fly without a couple things my man. You need to know exactly what equipment you will be running, and you need to have them come out and measure up your trunk and work from there. Your talking about porting, push thrus, SP subs, etc etc but you really need some direction is what it sounds like. Start with a product first and work from there at least you will know required space at that point and can get an installer out there taking some measurements for the design. Any good installer be him on this site or not should be able to go from that point and throw a couple things at you for approval. The design your requesting seems pretty simplistic as i was not aware that this is the new "thing", for your style of ride. I recently slapped together a basic install in my RL that pushed thru the rear deck lid of the car, while maintaining my trunk that i need living in Vegas (never know when you got a dead body).

But sounds like sheer brute force is what you are looking for may i suggest and you have the budget let me suggest you look at a few Re Audio XXX's subs as these are pure SP subs, unlike the 8" Re series im running in the install above which are geared more toward SQ. Another nice alternative is Sundown Audio's Nightshade series, i have only had the privledge of installing one of these 12" beasts but let me tell you they will impress. Last but certainly not least is TC Sounds now Audio Pulse Axis line and their LMS-Ultra are something to look into as well, i have only installed a 15" sub in a skiboat once before but i will never forget the performance of such a sub. I mention these subs as you said you have thousands to drop on this system, if you want to compete and move some serious air you need a sub that is built for that reason and really that reason only. We can go on for days rappin off RF T series, Eclipse Titaniums, MTX 9500's blah blah but if you want to get with the big boys you need to get with the right products. Give them a look you will not be sorry, if i lived in Va Beach still id take a look at your ride and put together something for you as it has been at least 2 years since i have built a serious SP monster. Unfortunately im in Vegas so this is not possible but i can at least talk some product with you.

http://www.sundownaudio.com/
http://reaudio.com/home.html
http://www.audiopulse.com/

Last edited by dxplicitone; 12-10-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:09 PM

itssteve16 itssteve16 itssteve16 itssteve16 itssteve16 itssteve16

ive personally owned the sundown woofer and the xxx i will say that the xxx takes a lot of power but is more of a sq woofer this the sundown is a pure spl beast that sounds good as well, both need a lot of power to see full potential, but are really good choices, however audiopulse i would not mess with because of the customer service, but if you want to go to sundown i personally know jake who owns the bussiness so i can get you the hook up because the only normally sell from dealers no shipping and what not just let me know, i also have a dealer of re
Old 12-11-2009, 11:08 AM
mr.saltine

Originally Posted by dxplicitone
Honestly you cant just come on here expecting people to come up with designs on the fly without a couple things my man. You need to know exactly what equipment you will be running, and you need to have them come out and measure up your trunk and work from there. Your talking about porting, push thrus, SP subs, etc etc but you really need some direction is what it sounds like. Start with a product first and work from there at least you will know required space at that point and can get an installer out there taking some measurements for the design. Any good installer be him on this site or not should be able to go from that point and throw a couple things at you for approval. The design your requesting seems pretty simplistic as i was not aware that this is the new "thing", for your style of ride. I recently slapped together a basic install in my RL that pushed thru the rear deck lid of the car, while maintaining my trunk that i need living in Vegas (never know when you got a dead body).

But sounds like sheer brute force is what you are looking for may i suggest and you have the budget let me suggest you look at a few Re Audio XXX's subs as these are pure SP subs, unlike the 8" Re series im running in the install above which are geared more toward SQ. Another nice alternative is Sundown Audio's Nightshade series, i have only had the privledge of installing one of these 12" beasts but let me tell you they will impress. Last but certainly not least is TC Sounds now Audio Pulse Axis line and their LMS-Ultra are something to look into as well, i have only installed a 15" sub in a skiboat once before but i will never forget the performance of such a sub. I mention these subs as you said you have thousands to drop on this system, if you want to compete and move some serious air you need a sub that is built for that reason and really that reason only. We can go on for days rappin off RF T series, Eclipse Titaniums, MTX 9500's blah blah but if you want to get with the big boys you need to get with the right products. Give them a look you will not be sorry, if i lived in Va Beach still id take a look at your ride and put together something for you as it has been at least 2 years since i have built a serious SP monster. Unfortunately im in Vegas so this is not possible but i can at least talk some product with you.

http://www.sundownaudio.com/
http://reaudio.com/home.html
http://www.audiopulse.com/
ive personally owned the sundown woofer and the xxx i will say that the xxx takes a lot of power but is more of a sq woofer this the sundown is a pure spl beast that sounds good as well, both need a lot of power to see full potential, but are really good choices, however audiopulse i would not mess with because of the customer service, but if you want to go to sundown i personally know jake who owns the bussiness so i can get you the hook up because the only normally sell from dealers no shipping and what not just let me know, i also have a dealer of re
thats some good shit fellas.i understand what yall sayin.i guess im trynna base my woofer by which setup i wanna go. i guess im stuck in the mind of wanttin the most pressure in my cab an a nice look when i pop my trunk at car shows.
on a lighter note.how much would some1 charge to make me some 6 inch speaker templete's
Old 12-16-2009, 11:33 PM
TTTTIIIMMMAAAAAYYY!

dxplicitone has a spectacular aura aboutdxplicitone has a spectacular aura about

Here you can pretty much order these anywhere.
6" spreaker rings

But any decent local shop or installer should be able to rip these out 1-2 minutes per ring with a router and a jasper jig.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:26 AM
mr.saltine

Here you can pretty much order these anywhere.
6" spreaker rings

But any decent local shop or installer should be able to rip these out 1-2 minutes per ring with a router and a jasper jig.
aww mayne good look on dat link.i tried a couple stereo shops but most of em just sell equipment.they claim theyll be jig sawing just like me.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:34 AM
TTTTIIIMMMAAAAAYYY!

Originally Posted by bos74211
aww mayne good look on dat link.i tried a couple stereo shops but most of em just sell equipment.they claim theyll be jig sawing just like me.
A jigsaw? Just wow. I haven't used a jigsaw since like 10 years back. If you are trying to do some work yourself get a router and a good jig (jasper). If you need any other info let me know.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:22 PM
mr.saltine

A jigsaw? Just wow. I haven't used a jigsaw since like 10 years back. If you are trying to do some work yourself get a router and a good jig (jasper). If you need any other info let me know.
do u have these tools?an willing to do it?i just need total of 4 6 inch rings.

Quick Reply: Any audio heads on the site