Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any finance majors in here?

Old 08-02-2008, 02:43 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt
Default Re: Any finance majors in here?

Originally Posted by Twenty5psi
Yeah, I'd be a little more worried about finding a job right off the bat where I made a good salary, but my wife is an RN with a few years under her belt now so we wouldn't be strapped if all else fails. Good luck with the business venture Chris.
Thanks. Good luck to you as well. With this thread however, ive pretty much made up my mind to change my major. Thanks for creating it.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

What were you considering majoring in now?
Old 08-02-2008, 05:40 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Business Administration with specialization in Management or marketing. I still have a semester to decide. Ill probably go with management but well see, as both could help me in my goals.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Registered Member

GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX

Im an accounting and finance major... Accounting opportunities are EVERYWHERE. It is kind of rediculous how big the field is right now. I wouldn't be too worried about the economy as a finance major...it doesn't affect us as much as people in other fields. Ive got three friends with marketing degrees from ODU that can't do shit with them right now.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

Well, it does matter to an extent. I'd like to get into investments and it is going to be really difficult if things continue the way they do. I've often thought of changing my major to accounting, but I could care less about accounting. Making money fascinates me and that is what I want to do, whether it is personal or for a corporation. But, I'll agree with you that accounting opportunities are everywhere. It seems that's all I see when I'm looking for finance jobs on various sites.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:44 PM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pau1
I have a degree in Finance from ODU. I had a job with Ameriprise that I didn't like. Like post above, most Finance majors get a similar job.
degree from odu in finance and was offered the same crappy line of jobs. Find your own clients, cold calling, glorified used car salesman except you find your own clients typically. I jumped fields into being a commercial real estate appraiser which was nice gig but decided to follow my gut and opened my own business(not appraising)