Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any good tranny shops even remotely local?

Old 04-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Built, HTA, V9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
japslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these parts
Default Any good tranny shops even remotely local?

I'm looking for a place that have atleast some experience building race tranny's. I need my dogbox looked at/repaired and I don't want to send it up to Andrewtech for personal reasons.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: Any good tranny shops even remotely local?

You're more than likely gonna be hard pressed to find someone locally who can do the manual trans. To be honest, if you can find the literature, have the tolerance measuring tools, its not terribly difficult.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:22 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

I'd try Shad at Accuracy or... shit... whats his name. Kienen(don't be mad if I spelled it wrong) at All Aspects. He seems to be the shit when it comes to Subeys...

Only reason I recommened Shad is... I know he has rebuilt and put back together all different types of transmissions including Honda Dogboxs and factory subaru ones.

Good luck with your search.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:44 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by japslapr
I'm looking for a place that have atleast some experience building race tranny's. I need my dogbox looked at/repaired and I don't want to send it up to Andrewtech for personal reasons.
my father has ALWAYS gone to a shop right off of witchduck and clevland st. I can get the name if you want...they built a few of his RACE trannys and turned out good..
Old 04-02-2009, 05:22 AM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

THATS A DOOD!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:23 AM
TiM-MaY!

coolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by japslapr
I could contact Chris Tucker for you.. he lives just outside of greensville NC.. Im sure quite a few people on here could vouch for him as he used to work at MRD wayyy back and Dyno Inc till he moved to NC...

PM me and i'll get yall in contact...
Old 04-04-2009, 06:34 AM
DEZ NUTZ!

03Si757 is infamous around these parts03Si757 is infamous around these parts03Si757 is infamous around these parts03Si757 is infamous around these parts03Si757 is infamous around these parts03Si757 is infamous around these parts03Si757 is infamous around these parts03Si757 is infamous around these parts03Si757 is infamous around these parts03Si757 is infamous around these parts03Si757 is infamous around these parts

Iv had both a auto and manual tranny worked on at Cotmans Transmission here in Newport news. Off of J-Clyde Blvd down the road from Riverside Hospital. Reasonable price and quick turn around. never had any issues what so ever. Comes with 1 year, 24k mile warrantee, of course with extensions. $1800 for my Acura CL's auto tranny rebuild. Ran so smooth. And $320 + parts for a friend of mine, had to have 2 gears and syncros replaced. Did great work. And will work payment plans out with ya. Im sure they can do higher end trannys as the guy that owns the place races lol.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:58 AM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

there's a place off of Indian River (a little bit before where Pro Trucks used to be) heading towards the ford plant that deals with nothing but race trans.....i forgot the name, but i have to head that way at somepoint today anyway, so ill write it down
Old 04-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by 03Si757
Iv had both a auto and manual tranny worked on at Cotmans Transmission here in Newport news
They have a technician there that is very well known on the LS1 boards as being a T56 guru. This would be a good place.

Have you talked to Kienan? Or is he not too interested in tearing apart one of their transmissions?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Stock Block Killaa

1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody

Affordable Transmissions
4114 Indian River Rd
Chesapeake, VA 23325
(757) 361-9499

Lj is the owner tell him Greg sent you.

Quick Reply: Any good tranny shops even remotely local?