Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any Jobs Open???

Old 05-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Still a member...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Neon Boy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Any Jobs Open???

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
You have to fill out an app for best buy on the internet I think. If you pass their personality test and basic what would you do test then they pass the app along to a store.

If I recall correctly anyways...
youre right. i did all that, they said they were going to call me back on the hiring matter, but thats been like 2 weeks ago...like i said, oh well. lol I may be going back to Firestone as a technician or maybe Kramer Tire on Laskin, we'll have to see...im gonna check out the Kinkos too haha...
Old 05-20-2008, 02:03 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

You throw an application into a pile and expect someone to give you a call to offer you a job? Show some determination.

(holds hand)

Go down to the hiring manager on site, dressed well and with resume in hand (a printed copy of their application helps, too. Next, talk with the manager and ask what types of positions he/she is looking to fill immediately. After deciding which of those you feel best qualified, explain how you can fill that role better than any other person with your skills, determination, and knowledge. Emphasize that you came to meet with him/her in person with resume and application in hand ready to start as soon as possible. Offer to "volunteer" for the remainder of the day (working for free is a corporate no-no, keyword to use is "volunteer"). Ask to leave a copy of your resume and application with the manager then send a thank you letter in the mail the very next day personally addressed.

God damn. What's wrong with fucking lazy ass kids these days?
Old 05-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Still a member...

look. i went on the internet, filled out an application with my resume. I called the very next day to let them know that i put it in, and check to see if it was on file. they called me two days later. I went to an interview, took some kind of personality test, a piss test, my tax info, i brought my papers back from the clinic. they said that they will call me once my background check and piss test results came back. i dont do any drugs of any sorts. no criminal background. they havent called me back...not stressed, its fucking Best Buy. I wont break my neck to make only $8.00/hr any day of the week. I have the potentail of making $12.00/hr or more...thank you for caring tho.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:23 PM
<3

RotaryX7 RotaryX7 RotaryX7 RotaryX7

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
You throw an application into a pile and expect someone to give you a call to offer you a job? Show some determination.

(holds hand)

Go down to the hiring manager on site, dressed well and with resume in hand (a printed copy of their application helps, too. Next, talk with the manager and ask what types of positions he/she is looking to fill immediately. After deciding which of those you feel best qualified, explain how you can fill that role better than any other person with your skills, determination, and knowledge. Emphasize that you came to meet with him/her in person with resume and application in hand ready to start as soon as possible. Offer to "volunteer" for the remainder of the day (working for free is a corporate no-no, keyword to use is "volunteer"). Ask to leave a copy of your resume and application with the manager then send a thank you letter in the mail the very next day personally addressed.

God damn. What's wrong with fucking lazy ass kids these days?
I think your over exaggerating here, its just best buy.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:27 PM
In the Head

Way2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these parts

Do you have any trade skills? Or most important Common sense?
Old 05-21-2008, 09:19 PM
On 2 now

T226 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Mr. Neon Boy
took a piss test,they said that they will call me once my background check and piss test results came back.
Taking a piss test and no call back = failed piss test.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:07 PM
my name is andy.

Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks

Originally Posted by RotaryX7
I think your over exaggerating here, its just best buy.
while you are right, he still does have a point. I work at radioshack and we have way too many people who walk in and say they took the app online a week ago and want to know why I/my manager has not called them.

Show at least some kind of effort.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:31 PM
I am a troll, lulz

mkeg1 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Mr. Neon Boy
look. i went on the internet, filled out an application with my resume. I called the very next day to let them know that i put it in, and check to see if it was on file. they called me two days later. I went to an interview, took some kind of personality test, a piss test, my tax info, i brought my papers back from the clinic. they said that they will call me once my background check and piss test results came back. i dont do any drugs of any sorts. no criminal background. they havent called me back...not stressed, its fucking Best Buy. I wont break my neck to make only $8.00/hr any day of the week. I have the potentail of making $12.00/hr or more...thank you for caring tho.

If you had one interview already and they didnt call you back thats best buy's polite way of saying we don't want you.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Still a member...

Originally Posted by mkeg1
If you had one interview already and they didnt call you back thats best buy's polite way of saying we don't want you.
i kinda figured that....
Old 05-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Still a member...

Originally Posted by Fiziks
while you are right, he still does have a point. I work at radioshack and we have way too many people who walk in and say they took the app online a week ago and want to know why I/my manager has not called them.

Show at least some kind of effort.
read my last post...i showed effort, i called them, the next day i had an interview. they just didnt hire me....

Quick Reply: Any Jobs Open???