Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anybody down for some Football?

Old 06-22-2008 | 09:16 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default Re: Anybody down for some Football?

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
OK.. so what is better? Saturday or Sunday? What if next time we tried for Sunday at 4?
still going for the 4 thing, huh? i'll agree that last time i played at 10 am by the time we were done in was sunburnt to hell and it was in the dead heat of the day at like 1230 or so, but it was easy to manage the day around just showing up at a field in the morning. either way, pick a time and a date, and unless either myself or my wife are out of town, i'll be there.

like i said before, if there's a question as to the turnout i could bring a few extras if need be. probably 3-5 total, including myself.
Old 06-22-2008 | 12:11 PM
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

I would as long as i wouldn't have to drive to Africa just to play
Old 06-22-2008 | 04:14 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Seems like the vote is for ODC. ODC is easier to find than Redwing Park. Also I need to know which is better sat or Sun. I still want to do 4pm so that we are not killed by the heat of the day. I will have 4 or 5 also.
Old 06-23-2008 | 01:25 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

So?!?!
Old 06-23-2008 | 01:44 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

i can't play this weekend so my vote doesn't count...

i would have probably said saturday though...
Old 06-23-2008 | 09:51 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by blackout
so would you have played, had you been here? if not then i don't understand why you even continue to click on the thread...

as far as rugby is concerned if the sandy vag comment is directed at all towards me, i said i'd try it but i'm not overly enthusiastic about running to the nearest practice field and jumping in. i keep myself pretty occupied playing sports i know how to play and am moderately skilled in. if i get around to it, i'll check it out, but i'm not going to devote my life to getting on a rugby field at the first possible opportunity.

when are you getting back, anyway? optimistically, if this thing takes off we could still be playing through the fall and you could show up if your deployment is 4 months like i've heard is the norm in the air force.
If you were playing "fag football" no...tackle yes.

And no...the sandy vag wasn't towards you. It was to most of the folks who bitched about playing contact and then didn't even come out because it was raining

I've been gone since Feb and I won't be back until Oct, but then I'm right in the middle of rugby season and I'm too beat up to do just about anything else.

I hope you come and check it out. I'd recommend going out on Tues or Thurs and checking out 7s right now though. It's a simpler version and easier to learn. If you don't like 7s then you won't like 15s rugby.
Old 06-24-2008 | 03:44 AM
DANGEROUS

REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER

Originally Posted by blackout
omg... in damn near every thread you posted in you mentioned playing football today, and you don't show up because it sprinkled?

wow.

i knew no one would show up today anyway... oh well. i still vote odc in about 2-3 weeks, let people make plans.

i've tried this several times before to no avail, but i have noticed people showing up to play basketball, so why not football too?
Yeah, I vote for scheduling it in 2-3 weeks at ODC. Im a pretty busy person and I usually always have my weekends planned out so its hard to fit in anything when I only have a couple days notice.
Old 06-24-2008 | 04:55 PM
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

We need to get a game going in the Peninsula... I'm not paying $40 to play a game of football.
Old 07-03-2008 | 09:49 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

I really do wanny play forreal... anybody considering this weekend? Or even the 4th of July?
Old 07-03-2008 | 04:00 PM
Registered Member

sick89six is a jewel in the roughsick89six is a jewel in the roughsick89six is a jewel in the rough

Ill play. I have been looking to play for a while. If you play saturday I can prolly get a few people to come out too.

Quick Reply: Anybody down for some Football?