Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

anybody want to live in Ghent?

Old 07-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86
Thumbs up anybody want to live in Ghent?

My roommate and I are looking for a 3rd roommate in our apt in the Ghent area in Norfolk. Our previous soon to be roommate's parents are making him move back to NoVA unfortunately, so now we have an opening that needs filling, preferably soon.

It's at the intersection of Colley Ave and Olney Rd. Its literally across the street from EVMS, so medical students need to hop on this. Its about a mile and some change to ODU, so it would work for ODU students who want to live in a nice area as well. It is less than a minute drive to the Midtown tunnel. It is also a few mins worth of walk to the businesses on Colley, as well as down town Granby St.

Rent is 380/month and that includes water. The apt is similar to a duplex style (house with two dwellings) except it has 6 different apartments inside. We are on the top floor, so we have no issues with hearing other ppl's foot steps. There is a deck area in the back, which is a nice hang out spot. Its all street parking on Onley Rd, but you never have to fight for a spot. The whole block is shaded by trees along the side walk where you would park. The building itself may be a few decades old, but has been up kept pretty well. There is heat (boiler), central AC (our apt has a brand new Carrier unit), Cox high speed cable internet, and coin activated washer and dryer down stairs in the basement, which can also be used as a storage for a bicycle or something. Its real legit.

All applicants must be neat and organized (no leaving dishes or trash around, keep bathroom clean, etc) and must not be loud or obnoxious, and may not bring over random sketchy ppl at 2am on week days. Car ppl r always welcomed. We don't have any pets, but it would be fine. I sometimes get the urge to eat them. Couples are ok i guess, but it would def be kind of crammed with 4 ppl.

.. thats all i can think of now. reply/PM whatever.

Last edited by Silverbullet86; 07-06-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Registered Member

6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of
Default Re: anybody want to live in Ghent?

Originally Posted by Silverbullet86
My roommate and I are looking for a 3rd roommate in our apt in the Ghent area in Norfolk. Our previous soon to be roommate's parents are making him move back to NoVA unfortunately, so now we have an opening that needs filling, preferably soon.

It's at the intersection of Colley Ave and Olney Rd. Its literally across the street from EVMS, so medical students need to hop on this. Its about a mile and some change to ODU, so it would work for ODU students who want to live in a nice area as well. It is less than a minute drive to the Midtown tunnel. It is also a few mins worth of walk to the businesses on Colley, as well as down town Granby St.

Rent is 380/month and that includes water. The apt is similar to a duplex style (house with two dwellings) except it has 6 different apartments inside. We are on the top floor, so we have no issues with hearing other ppl's foot steps. There is a deck area in the back, which is a nice hang out spot. Its all street parking on Onley Rd, but you never have to fight for a spot. The whole block is shaded by trees along the side walk where you would park. The building itself may be a few decades old, but has been up kept pretty well. There is heat (boiler), central AC (our apt has a brand new Carrier unit), Cox high speed cable internet, and coin activated washer and dryer down stairs in the basement, which can also be used as a storage for a bicycle or something. Its real legit.

All applicants must be neat and organized (no leaving dishes or trash around, keep bathroom clean, etc) and must not be loud or obnoxious, and may not bring over random sketchy ppl at 2am on week days. Car ppl r always welcomed. We don't have any pets, but it would be fine. I sometimes get the urge to eat them. Couples are ok i guess, but it would def be kind of crammed with 4 ppl.

.. thats all i can think of now. reply/PM whatever.
you should take a flier over to the EVMS Police & Public Safety Office and post it on the corkboard in the hallway... Students check that out all the time and they leave fliers up for 30 days as long as you date them. Good luck finding a roommate.. would you happen to know the guy who lives right there by the 626 Press Cafe with the dumped red vw with some poke and stretch goin on?

Last edited by 6spd z33; 07-06-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

no, but i always see it when i hang out on my deck in the back yard. I'm not sure how medical school works. Do they have a summer semester as if it were a normal semester such as a fall or spring semester, or is a summer semester pretty much just a summer semester?

Last edited by Silverbullet86; 07-06-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:37 AM
Registered Member

6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Silverbullet86
no, but i always see it when i hang out on my deck in the back yard. I'm not sure how medical school works. Do they have a summer semester as if it were a normal semester such as a fall or spring semester, or is a summer semester pretty much just a summer semester?
there really isn't a summer semester... the first years who just got done.. pretty much have this summer to do whatever... everyone else from the 2nd years to the third years... are usually doing rotations during the summer or some internships... Surgical Asisstants had their first day of classes there yesterday and all the new residents just came in before the first.. Medical school is basically a year round deal minus the first year lol. Also with a price like that i'm sure someone would eat that up.. the cheapest flyer i've seen there was like $550 for a room.. but most of the flyers are single bedroom apartments for $1200-$1400/month plus utilities... You're right next to the Hague Club Apartments (owned by EVMS) so that would give you an upperhand on renting to a student also.. they would still be able to walk to all the parties the students have.. They also have a student lounge across from the bookstore there... that would be an awesome place to hang a flyer also.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Punch the dot

Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle!

PM'd,

If we can work out a deal, I will take you up on this.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

HYJAXX has disabled reputation

I would move there but a car girl living with 2 car guys would be a Jerry Springer "who's the baby's daddy" episode in the making.
Jusssst kidding. Sounds like a nice place.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:15 PM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

Originally Posted by HYJAXX
I would move there but a car girl living with 2 car guys would be a Jerry Springer "who's the baby's daddy" episode in the making.

sounds like it's time for a SEXY PARTY!!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ~Josh
sounds like it's time for a SEXY PARTY!!
Did you just botch a Borat sexytime quote?
Old 07-08-2010, 10:35 PM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

Originally Posted by HYJAXX
Did you just botch a Borat sexytime quote?
if you were man (woman) enough to have your rep on i'd neg the hell out of you

family guy honey... family guy
Old 07-09-2010, 04:21 AM
Registered Member

Shit my reps off?!!! Dammit...I need to scratch this name and get on the other one. I'm going to do that now.