Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone buff out cars?

Old 07-07-2006 | 06:34 PM
Registered Member

150PLUS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone buff out cars?

I need a car buffed out correctly, it has faded and oxidized paint but I think it can be saved. Anyone on here do it? Not someone with an orbital buffer and some turtle wax. I need someone who can do it correctly. LOL I can come to you if necessary
And are you available tomorrow?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-07-2006 | 08:47 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: Anyone buff out cars?

I'm not a "professional" like some of the others on here.

But depending on the type of car, I could do it. Do you want to learn how to do it, or do you just want it done?
Old 07-08-2006 | 03:46 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Originally Posted by 150PLUS
I need a car buffed out correctly, it has faded and oxidized paint but I think it can be saved. Anyone on here do it? Not someone with an orbital buffer and some turtle wax. I need someone who can do it correctly. LOL I can come to you if necessary
And are you available tomorrow?

Thanks in advance
Not to take away from Jarrod, but I've seen some of Chris' work and it's pretty nice. I'd PM him RJ. I'm sure if he can't take care of you he'll point you in the right direction.

username - Chris G.
Old 07-08-2006 | 11:20 AM
Registered Member

150PLUS is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys!
Old 07-08-2006 | 11:23 AM
Foreign kid.

asianmuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

ive heard if you know how to use a rotary buffer correctly it works wonders on fading and oxidation, also try to get your hands on some zaino products
Old 07-08-2006 | 12:11 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Rotary buffers are the only way. Random Orbitals suck balls.
Old 07-08-2006 | 01:21 PM
WeShouldHaveShotguns

vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT

Originally Posted by asianmuscle
ive heard if you know how to use a rotary buffer correctly it works wonders on fading and oxidation, also try to get your hands on some zaino products
Zaino is very overrated in my opinion. Just gives cars a fake kind of plasticy shine. But, to each his own.
Old 07-08-2006 | 04:04 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by ritz
Not to take away from Jarrod, but I've seen some of Chris' work and it's pretty nice. I'd PM him RJ. I'm sure if he can't take care of you he'll point you in the right direction.

username - Chris G.
None taken. I just work at a dealership and I really hate the whole way they take into cleaning cars.

I like to care for paint, not just make it look shiney and out the door it goes.

I want to be Floda
Old 07-08-2006 | 04:17 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

and waxes like zaino have fillers. which can be good and bad at the same time. Good because it fills the minor imperfections in the paint, yet bad for the same reason that over time it kills your paint job.
Old 07-09-2006 | 12:11 PM
Registered Member

blackhardtop has disabled reputation

Nate Zaino has no waxes or fillers in it. Its not a wax but a polymer. Orbital buffers like a PC7424 is a great tool for removing minor swirls and scratches. Rotary buffers can be used to achieve great results if the person using the machine has experience using it. Rotary's can be very dangerous though if used incorecctly. With a PC7424 it is virtually impossible to burn/damage the paint in any way. A PC7424 used with Menzerna Intesive Polish then followed up with Final Polish II then with a quality carnuaba or polymer will yeild fantastic results. A good quality carnuaba wax is suited more for show cars because it does have filling properties that will hide imperections in ones paint. Polymers are geared more towards duarbility. Polymers also have more of a mirror look to them versus a Carnuaba which has a warmer/deeper look. I would recomend checking out some detailing websites to learn more about swirls/scratches and paint care. There is so much false information that is given out about detailing that makes it hard for people that are new to the game to determine whats right and wrong.. thats why you should check out detailcity or another car care website. I wouldnt recomend letting a dealership or any other detailing shop around here buff out any scratches on your vehicle because from what I have seen thus far no one really knows what there doing IMHO. They really would probally do more harm than good. Good luck with whatever you decide though

Quick Reply: Anyone buff out cars?