Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

anyone else's Cox Cable Internet going slow?

Old 03-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E. Klizzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone else's Cox Cable Internet going slow?

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Go into the cable modem setup/diagnostic mode through your web browser (192.168.100.1 usually), and poke around until you find the page that displays signal strength. Right before we moved away from Hampton, a lot of people in the neighborhood started getting Cox, and my signal strength went to shit. I had a guy come out and change the local terminator tap in whatever local junction box there was (I think that's what they did, I don't remember), and my signal strength went back up to normal. Too many local loads on the lines can overterminate and cause problems like that.
Actually your kinda wrong on that... it doesnt matter the amount of loads on the line, it's actually the signal strength that plays a part.... If he replaced a tap the that means that your incoming signal strength was low coming in from the street source and by replacing, he brought you up to correct strength.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Well, after two years and remembering what the service tech explained to me, I think I was fairly close. Thanks for the correction though.
I really don't know anything about how cable systems work as soon as they leave the nice locally terminated 75 ohm comfort of my house.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 03-09-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

E. Klizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Well, after two years and remembering what the service tech explained to me, I think I was fairly close. Thanks for the correction though.
I really don't know anything about how cable systems work as soon as they leave the nice locally terminated 75 ohm comfort of my house.
It's cool.... You did a great job..., I was just trying to clear it up because I happen to be one of the guys that comes to your house when the cable's jacked and fixes it.....
Old 03-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I wish you could come to my apartment in CO, we can only get DSL or stupid LP Broadband (pay-per-WAN). I can't even get standard cable TV (fuck distributed basic satellite), nevermind cable internet. I'm not bitter though.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:06 AM
︻╦╤─

DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk