Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone good with electronics??

Old 05-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rexrunner rexrunner rexrunner
Default Anyone good with electronics??

I have a plasma tv that needs a relay changed on the mainboard. I have never messed with something like this before so if anyone can do it or teach me that would be great. I also need to find the relay, it's a 10A 250V. I tried radio shack but all they had was a 5A. P.m. me or post. Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 05-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: Anyone good with electronics??

Dammit!!!! No one? I am gonna fuck this up
Old 05-17-2009, 07:01 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by rexrunner
Dammit!!!! No one? I am gonna fuck this up
what kind of tv are you talking about? You are sure that it is the relay? If you want to bring it to me.. I would be willing to take a look in it and tell you the best coarse of action from my perspective. I just replaced alot of shit in my Plasma.

Didn't fix the problem but that is because the TV repair shop lied to me. Told me it was my Y-main board when it was actually my power supply. So I spent $250 replacing the wrong part, from a bullshit diagnosis. Now I am waiting to get money together to replace the Power supply.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough

dont half ass this. Bring the TV to me, and I'll tell you the exact part number of the relay you need to order. When it comes in, I'll replace it for you. We're always trying to make an extra buck, so throwing a payment towards me it very helpful also. PM me if you want to chat some more.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Registered Member

Thanks guys. It's a plasma TV. The main board has 2 relays with 2 green LEDs . One LED powers up but the other does'nt and then the entire thing goes into a safe mode displayed by another LED that is red. Do you have a shop 98formula?? I would have to get the main board out because the TV is heavy as fuck and I am not going to move it down the stairs again.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

<- electronics major.

Take some photos.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:25 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rexrunner
Thanks guys. It's a plasma TV. The main board has 2 relays with 2 green LEDs . One LED powers up but the other does'nt and then the entire thing goes into a safe mode displayed by another LED that is red. Do you have a shop 98formula?? I would have to get the main board out because the TV is heavy as fuck and I am not going to move it down the stairs again.
I don't have a shop, I'm just a guy who fixes all my electronics myself, I work as the lead electrical engineer for an engineering firm in Va Beach, I design new electronics everyday, and I teach electronics to EOD technicians in the military.

You will need to bring that tv to my place. I'm sure getting it down the stairs can't be as hard as hanging a 60" plasma all by yourself. I'll come help you get it down the stairs if you need me too.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:11 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by 98formulaLS1
I don't have a shop, I'm just a guy who fixes all my electronics myself, I work as the lead electrical engineer for an engineering firm in Va Beach, I design new electronics everyday, and I teach electronics to EOD technicians in the military.

You will need to bring that tv to my place. I'm sure getting it down the stairs can't be as hard as hanging a 60" plasma all by yourself. I'll come help you get it down the stairs if you need me too.
not to steal the thread.. but since you do all this cool guy stuff with electronics. You think that you can socket an ECU without destroying it?

And Just throwing out a solution. You can look at the mainboard and get the number off of it. If you are smart enough to get the board out. You can probably pick another main board up off of Ebay for about $150 and change it out yourself. Just a suggestion.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
not to steal the thread.. but since you do all this cool guy stuff with electronics. You think that you can socket an ECU without destroying it?
yes

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
And Just throwing out a solution. You can look at the mainboard and get the number off of it. If you are smart enough to get the board out. You can probably pick another main board up off of Ebay for about $150 and change it out yourself. Just a suggestion.
Changing the main board will be simple. I would probably lean more towards replacing the main board becuase the chances that a PCB relay going bad are slim. I'll bet that once we remove the PCB relay, and test it, it will still work. I'm not saying that is 100% of the time, just mostly.

btw, for those who want to argue that the relays in your car go bad all the time, thats becuase most of them aren't sealed like PCB relays are. They are sealed in an epoxy mix.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:46 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

Originally Posted by 98formulaLS1
yes

Changing the main board will be simple. I would probably lean more towards replacing the main board becuase the chances that a PCB relay going bad are slim. I'll bet that once we remove the PCB relay, and test it, it will still work. I'm not saying that is 100% of the time, just mostly.

btw, for those who want to argue that the relays in your car go bad all the time, thats becuase most of them aren't sealed like PCB relays are. They are sealed in an epoxy mix.
that is what I was gonna have him do.. just buy a new mainboard. Thought he didnt want to take his TV apart. Then he was talking about bringing you the main board. Its like. Dude... just replace the f'ing thing with a used unit and call it a day.

you go from paying somebody to put a part in that you just paid for. To buying a part and swapping it yourself.

I might be interested in giving you a test ECU and seeing how you do on socketing it. How much you think you would charge for that.

I was gonna take it to a TV Repair shop. Figured they would only charge me like $30 bucks or so.

Last edited by FairladyZTT; 05-19-2009 at 12:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone good with electronics??