Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone use Line-X of Virginia Beach?

Old 11-16-2010, 10:03 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Anyone use Line-X of Virginia Beach?

I went over there during lunch and spoke to the guys. They seemed like a knowledgeable group with good attention to detail. They addressed things like bagging the truck for overspray, removing and re-installing the bed tie-down hooks and removing and re-insalling all the bed drain plugs w/o me having to ask.

Anyone actually use them? Feedback?

Thanks,

Brian
Old 11-16-2010, 10:07 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: Anyone use Line-X of Virginia Beach?

Pm steve, his buddy just got his silverado done. They did a real good job.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Actually I just saw that silverado.... it was very nice.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:15 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

should be normal for them to bag the truck and remove everything..
Old 11-16-2010, 10:16 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

i was thinking the same thing. thats a normal step. we do bed liners at the shop on special occasions and we remove everything and bag the vehicle. prep the hell out of the bed, clean it, dry it, spray it. If you have any inkling of thought bedliners are super easy. you can do it yourself for about 140 bucks with a raptor kit.if you have a compressor, a d/a and and the real cheap bottle gun with adapter.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Fanboi

Originally Posted by L_U_C_K
should be normal for them to bag the truck and remove everything..
Yes, but the fact that they covered all of that w/o my asking shows that they're detail oriented and have done a Titan before. I've seen where shops do a piss poor job of bagging the truck and you get bedliner overspray all over your paint... that sucks big time as it takes major buffing to get it off.... regular overspray clay has a tough time with it.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:22 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

to me thats like saying, I went to mcdonalds and they wrapped my to go burger without even asking, it was great. ha...I would just assume everyshop would bag a car doing a bedliner, but obviously places have not and have screwed peoples paint up with the bedliner material. It doesnt overspray like at all, just a very small amount. But if the rest of the car isnt covered it definitely could be a problem. I know you are a do it yourselfer, you should look into the raptor kits from the paint store, pro finishes sells the kits for like 140 bucks, its stupidly simple.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Fanboi

Yeah but you're an auto-body guy who actually gives a crap... I don't trust people in the service industry until they give me a reason to do so. There's plenty of posts on the Titan boards where people get spray-ins done and they just spray over everything. In one thread they tried to tell the guy the OEM bolts for the tie-downs are too short to re-install after the bedliner goes on... that's not the case, they simply forgot to remove the stuff and were trying to cover their butts. It's better to ask up front and be too picky then assume they'll do it right only to find out they didn't.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:33 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

how much did they want to charge you?
Old 11-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Fanboi

Originally Posted by L_U_C_K
how much did they want to charge you?
$504 less 10% for AAA discount so it comes to $453 which is really close to what I paid for my Rhino Liner on my Canyon 3.5 years ago. As much as I use my pickup box it's money well spent IMO.

Quick Reply: Anyone use Line-X of Virginia Beach?