Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone wanna do na to tt 300zx swap?

Old 04-14-2009, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
branDIESEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone wanna do na to tt 300zx swap?

As the post reads im looking for someone to do a tt swap, ive donw the research decided to but the motors and all parts and have someone local put it in...interested? pm or mail me direct secretid757@gmail.com
Old 04-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Registered Member

reborncx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone wanna do na to tt 300zx swap?

Nope not unless u are going to pay me 5g. Those things are the biggest pieces of shit to work on. I got tired of putting motors and trans in my buddy's.

Best of luck
Old 04-14-2009, 10:07 AM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

PM FairladyTTZ

Hes got a pretty quick one, seems to know his shit about these cars.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

I have no experience in that particular swap, but would be interested in doing it on the side. PM me if interested.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:25 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by branDIESEL
As the post reads im looking for someone to do a tt swap, ive donw the research decided to but the motors and all parts and have someone local put it in...interested? pm or mail me direct secretid757@gmail.com
You sure that you have all of the parts for this swap? There is alot involved. And I do mean alot!!! You have to swap everything! I mean everything! From the wiring and ECU to the Radiator and A/C condenser. You will need a TT tranny and a custom driveshaft. You will need to do all of the deletes while it is out or it will be a vacuum nightmare. I would recommend aftermarket downpipes and exhaust. The hardest part you will come across will be the boost piping.

If you are really interested in doing this then you can PM me. The job will not be cheap I can tell you that... I would probably do it for about $2500. What are you looking to spend? Do you have the motor already? I might have a better deal for you. I have 3 Twin Turbo Z's now. 1 has been torn into pieces. 1 is running at about 500 horses. And the other is sitting there waiting for a motor. PM me and I will give you my number.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:28 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by Broke Neck
PM FairladyTTZ = FairladyZTT

Hes got a pretty quick one, seems to know his shit about these cars.
fixed... LOL.. thanks though...
Old 04-15-2009, 04:04 AM
Import Tuna

TheSlimOne has a spectacular aura aboutTheSlimOne has a spectacular aura about

Just a nice side note. Its totally not worth it unless you are starting with an absolutly flawless NA, like with low mileage. Simply too much work and in the end you normally could have bought a TT for around the same price or even less.

I have done three of them and its typically not worth it to tell you the honest truth.

So judging from the price RC gave you.

$2500 labor
@2k for a clip (You really should get the entire clip)
TT-NA Driveshaft @ $200
Clutch if your smart @ $300 at the least
TT Fuel Pump $200 new
You can roll with the NA harness, but you will only be able to run 7psi of boost unless you run a boost controller. Really your choice.
Change every piece of rubber on the new motor before install.

So I will give ya maybe @ $200 is various whatevers that always come up.

That totals 5400 minimum. Keep in mind that the turbos on those clips are almost always shit (Last two I did have seized turbos) So keep that in the back of your mind. Bad injectors are almost always the case with clips. Plus, the engine has a gaurantee, but it doesn't cover the labor for install and removal when it ends up having a nice rod knock or some other issue. I know RC won't pull it for nothing. Also every single front clip I have seen has a nice dent in the oil pan right where the pickup is that causes low oil pressure so you have to factor that little issue in also.

Do what you like, but the best bet IMHO is to sell the NA and buy a TT. Just less headaches, and TT's can be had for pretty cheap if you look around and are willing to go get it.

Last edited by TheSlimOne; 04-15-2009 at 04:23 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:11 AM
Import Tuna

TheSlimOne has a spectacular aura aboutTheSlimOne has a spectacular aura about

For instance. http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/1109830743.html

Thats already a TT and I bet your still cheaper than I clip and labor. So you throw a clutch at it and your done..
Old 04-15-2009, 07:32 AM
IM BACK BITCH"S

droptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to all

yeah just buy a TT
Old 04-15-2009, 11:48 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

Originally Posted by TheSlimOne
Just a nice side note. Its totally not worth it unless you are starting with an absolutly flawless NA, like with low mileage. Simply too much work and in the end you normally could have bought a TT for around the same price or even less.

I have done three of them and its typically not worth it to tell you the honest truth.

So judging from the price RC gave you.

$2500 labor
@2k for a clip (You really should get the entire clip)
TT-NA Driveshaft @ $200
Clutch if your smart @ $300 at the least
TT Fuel Pump $200 new
You can roll with the NA harness, but you will only be able to run 7psi of boost unless you run a boost controller. Really your choice.
Change every piece of rubber on the new motor before install.

So I will give ya maybe @ $200 is various whatevers that always come up.

That totals 5400 minimum. Keep in mind that the turbos on those clips are almost always shit (Last two I did have seized turbos) So keep that in the back of your mind. Bad injectors are almost always the case with clips. Plus, the engine has a gaurantee, but it doesn't cover the labor for install and removal when it ends up having a nice rod knock or some other issue. I know RC won't pull it for nothing. Also every single front clip I have seen has a nice dent in the oil pan right where the pickup is that causes low oil pressure so you have to factor that little issue in also.

Do what you like, but the best bet IMHO is to sell the NA and buy a TT. Just less headaches, and TT's can be had for pretty cheap if you look around and are willing to go get it.
Yea.. I was gonna go through all that if he contacted me. I mean.. in all honesty. I would probably talk him out of a swap anyways. Just because I dont want to do it. The dont come out that nice.

Quick Reply: Anyone wanna do na to tt 300zx swap?