Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Atlantic City bound, is the Ferry worth it?

Old 02-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Bimmer Prick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU
Default Atlantic City bound, is the Ferry worth it?

This is more of a local question for Hampton Roads.

Is the ferry worth it in relation to time/ease? It's $30 one way and $56 round trip.

It seems like it is only saving 20-40 minutes overall one way, but I could imagine with gas prices the way they are you are cutting down on around 75-100 miles of driving time which would save on gas, but IMO not enough to justify the cost of the ferry.

Just wanted to see if it is really worth it when all factors are considered.

I've always just drove up 13 to the Turnpike but always up for the best/easiest route.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada
Default Re: Atlantic City bound, is the Ferry worth it?

The ferry ride itself is an hour long, so if you where to drive around im pretty sure it would take more then 20-40 mins.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:42 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

I took the ferry a few times but now I just prefer to drive around it. I stopped in to philly just for a cheese steak once
Old 02-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Just google mapped it (which you should have done in the first place). Looks like ~6 hours driving around, 4 1/2 hours actual driving time utilizing the ferry +1 hour on the ferry.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

yes it is imo. I always take it
Old 02-07-2011, 06:06 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

One of the most enjoyable drives I ever took was from Monmouth Beach, NJ to VA Beach (well, really to Williamsburg, but eventually I had to fudge the rules) following the rule that I would only ever drive on whatever road was closest to the water. That + the ferry was a nice drive.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Registered Member

onlystackmatic onlystackmatic onlystackmatic onlystackmatic onlystackmatic onlystackmatic onlystackmatic onlystackmatic onlystackmatic onlystackmatic onlystackmatic

What ferry?
Old 02-07-2011, 06:38 PM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

I always take it. Im 6 foot 2 and it REALLY helps to break up the ride. If you dont mind driving then save the money and drive around.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Bimmer Prick

B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU

Originally Posted by Tarzan Bakerada
Just google mapped it (which you should have done in the first place). Looks like ~6 hours driving around, 4 1/2 hours actual driving time utilizing the ferry +1 hour on the ferry.
I did research.
6 hours driving
4.5 driving w/ 1 hour ferry time = 20-40 minutes saved overall as stated in my original post

Was just asking if it was worth the cost overall.

Thanks Matt, that is a good point of breaking up the ride. It will be 4 people in a 325 so it may be good to get out and stretch the legs.

Last edited by B EMDBLU; 02-07-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:56 PM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

Yeah man, bring a deck of cards and some chips. 3 weeks ago we have 10 of us go up to AC and we did a $20 winner take all sit n go on the boat. Easiest $180 Ive ever made hahaha. But for real, it doesnt take all that long to get to the boat and when u get off the ferry AC feels like its right around the corner.

Quick Reply: Atlantic City bound, is the Ferry worth it?