Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Autosolution or Milliniuem?

Old 02-03-2004, 09:30 AM
Back for more

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Autosolution or Milliniuem?

Originally Posted by Pyrate
Ok every point you have made I can respect except for this one. It's not my responsibility to know exactly what is wrong, it is the shop's job to find out, especially if they are the one that caused the problem. If a customer had to know what was wrong before they could get their car fixed thousands of people would have fucked up cars. For an example an old lady that has no knowledge of cars should be able to take her big as town car to the shop and not know whats wrong and they should and will find out the problem and fix it....*clip...
I never said it was incumbent upon you to know what the problem was but have some idea and under what conditions it reared it's ugly head... i.e. when I take a hard right my left corner sounds like it's clunking. By a similar analogy you don't bring your car to a dealership (or any place where they maintain it) and say "It's broken I dunno whats wrong but I need you to fix it" or do you? I am not saying thats what you did but at the same time how many old ladies take their town car to get it lowered? My point is is that it is wise to educate yourself on any project you plan on either doing or having done beforehand so you know what your getting into and what the impact of your choices are i.e. if you lower a vehicle expect tire wear to increase (unless you get a camber kit as well) somewhat, don't go blaming the shop because you have them lower your car and 6 months later your tires are wearing out too quick. (not saying you did just an example of what I have seen customers do) Also any time any part of your suspension changes a 4 wheel alignment is a must.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Bootlegg

Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate Pyrate

Originally Posted by GodsOther
I never said it was incumbent upon you to know what the problem was but have some idea and under what conditions it reared it's ugly head... i.e. when I take a hard right my left corner sounds like it's clunking. By a similar analogy you don't bring your car to a dealership (or any place where they maintain it) and say "It's broken I dunno whats wrong but I need you to fix it" or do you? I am not saying thats what you did but at the same time how many old ladies take their town car to get it lowered? My point is is that it is wise to educate yourself on any project you plan on either doing or having done beforehand so you know what your getting into and what the impact of your choices are i.e. if you lower a vehicle expect tire wear to increase (unless you get a camber kit as well) somewhat, don't go blaming the shop because you have them lower your car and 6 months later your tires are wearing out too quick. (not saying you did just an example of what I have seen customers do) Also any time any part of your suspension changes a 4 wheel alignment is a must.
Yea I did get camber kits. Just wanted to let you and other people on this forum know that i'm not an idiot when it comes to cars I know more than the average joe, but just wouldn't know how to repair a strut. Matter of fact if I had the time, space, and equipment to try to find the problem in the first place I could have probably found the problem but I didn't so Yes I was at the mercy of autosolution or any other shop but next time I won't put my self in that position. BUT after saying that it still doesn't excuse autosolutions for their mistakes and poor service towards me.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Back for more

GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea I did get camber kits. Just wanted to let you and other people on this forum know that i'm not an idiot when it comes to cars I know more than the average joe, but just wouldn't know how to repair a strut. Matter of fact if I had the time, space, and equipment to try to find the problem in the first place I could have probably found the problem but I didn't so Yes I was at the mercy of autosolution or any other shop but next time I won't put my self in that position. BUT after saying that it still doesn't excuse autosolutions for their mistakes and poor service towards me.
If you knew more than the average joe you would know you CAN'T repair a strut, it is a sealed gas-charged (usually gas anyways) device it either works or it doesn't unless your thinking of like maybe air suspension or something similar where you can change the pressure in them via a valve and a pump....
Old 02-03-2004, 03:31 PM
SPAWN OF A NEW OP!

THE BEAST is an unknown quantity at this point

I say do you want it done right the first time? Millenium!!
Old 02-03-2004, 05:16 PM
Bootlegg

Originally Posted by GodsOther
If you knew more than the average joe you would know you CAN'T repair a strut, it is a sealed gas-charged (usually gas anyways) device it either works or it doesn't unless your thinking of like maybe air suspension or something similar where you can change the pressure in them via a valve and a pump....
I was given a new strut so I guess that explains how a strut can't be repaired. So arrest me and put me in jail for not knowing that.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:48 PM
visuallyinklined.com

sebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by _crs
I remember your car coming in. I personally didn't know that it had any problems. Who did you talk to? I know it wasn't me. You drive the Silver Sentra w/ the kit? We backed you and sebasstiann up at your show and we were cool, now because something like this happens you go and BLAST US?
_Crs
just wanted to say that i aint bashing ya i never did any car tech business with ya but you helped with the show which i appreciated but if it were my car i'ld be pissed too so
Old 02-04-2004, 02:13 AM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

I was given a new strut so I guess that explains how a strut can't be repaired. So arrest me and put me in jail for not knowing that.
So you were given a new strut. Which means somewhere in between you and your friends at the hobby shop and us putting it back to stock and after you took it from us, a shock blew.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:42 AM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

i have only had work done on my old integra by Shad and Mill...ive been to Autosolutions never had any work done there....but Tuners edge hooked my boy up with the b20 and with decent pricing..
Old 02-04-2004, 04:34 AM
visuallyinklined.com

sebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the rough

also wanted to add that EVERY SHOP in america has had alteast ONE unhappy customer it aint right but it happens i've been fucked before(tread quarters gmc dealership) and many of us will get fucked atleast once in our life it shouldn;t happen but it does
Old 02-04-2004, 05:36 AM
Bootlegg

Originally Posted by _crs
So you were given a new strut. Which means somewhere in between you and your friends at the hobby shop and us putting it back to stock and after you took it from us, a shock blew.
Nah that shit was not fucked up until second you guys were done with it and test drove it. So i'm not going to believe something was already wrong with it before i brought it to you.

Quick Reply: Autosolution or Milliniuem?