Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Autoworks of Greenbrier

Old 08-07-2003, 06:05 PM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy
Default Autoworks of Greenbrier

I want to first start off by saying that these are the same guys that used to run Team Performance in Portsmouth but went bankrupt. They are very shady in their business practices and I would recommend not doing business with them. I will explain my particular situation. When these guys were Team Performance, a friend of mine worked there and hooked me up with a lift and gears for my truck. I paid normal price for all of the parts but my friend was going to do the lift install for free. Lift install went good and didn't have any problems. Well, when we went to put in the gears, the guy realized that my truck already had that particular gearing. So, I had them send the gears back. Well, the owners wife rode around with the boxes in the back of her truck for 3 weeks before trying to send them back and the boxes got ruined (thank goodness they were in styrofoam or the gears themselves would have been rusted out). I try and try and try to get either my money back for the install and the gears or at least a store credit so my buddy can get some tires. Well, to sum things up, it has been almost a year and I just got my gears back yesterday. No refund on the install costs that I paid and no apology. As a matter of fact we practically got chased out of the store when I brought up that I was going to contact my lawyer.

So, in my opinion, Autoworks of Greenbrier is not a reputable establishment and I would not reccommend anyone deal with them.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:09 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

Yeah I went in there one time ... looking for a 6ft Nitrous line ... he wanted 150 bucks .... place was so disorganized ... and they seemed like a bunch of dicks. Sorry to hear you got screwed over man.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:16 PM
HUH??

1badyota is an unknown quantity at this point

I too agree, They are the worst business in the world I have ever delt with. I was up there one day looking around and i counted 5 people coming back with all kinds of problems with there cars, and Terry (owner) said oh well there is nothing i can do, they got into an arguement and Terry told them to get the Fuck out the store before he calls the Police,, and on several occaisions i saw people get pissed off with them cause they told them one price and charged the way more than what they said and told them to either pay or they are gonna keep there car on a mechanics lean. They got sued so many times and went bankrupt.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Biding time

montman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these parts

Damn dave I was wondering what happened when yall went up there.

Anyways I had a bad experience with them as well with my old mustang. They fugged the install up on my exhaust and refused to fix it. I had to take it to another shop and pay more $$ to get it fixed.

Glad I have done it all myself on my 02.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

ha, tell mike moore i said what up!
Old 08-08-2003, 04:39 PM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy

Mike is the one that did my install on my truck. He doesn't work up there anymore.
Old 08-08-2003, 04:49 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

ha. i knew he did it. thats all that foo was into was lift kits. i'm glad he left. dont let his name get tarnished.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:11 PM
2004 Danceoff Champ

That's how I felt about the whole situation. He is working down the street at an auto audio spot.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:53 AM
HUH??

Greaser whats up this is Billy, Yeah i am glad Mike quit that place too.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:00 PM
HUH??

ttt