Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Benchracers of the 757 - Come AutoX already!

Old 10-23-2007, 06:51 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: Benchracers of the 757 - Come AutoX already!

Hmmm... I might do it...
Old 10-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Registered Member

cafcwest is a jewel in the roughcafcwest is a jewel in the roughcafcwest is a jewel in the roughcafcwest is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DoingOK
I might do it for the hell of it.
doooo eeeeet!!!

Originally Posted by 00lude
Especially with over 200 lbft. I have shy'd away from Langley so far, anything with a wall worries me but I've been told they are safe.
I'm not gonna lie, they are there. We take every effort in course design to minimize the walls. But if you do something very wrong in the car, that unfortunately is a possibility.

This is one of the reasons I have been performing the Novice Coordinator position. By doing this, we can break bad habits before they start. I can help show you the safe way around the track, and then work on picking up speed throughout your runs.

Originally Posted by Corey
Yes, you can take a passenger. They'll need a helmet too.

To the OP: Does NASA allow tinted visors on helmets? I was denied use one time at a SCCA (IIRC) event.

And LOL at Floda's 240.

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Can I take a passenger? I'm trying to get my GF comfortable w/ the hobby and understand what it's about. Hot laps at VIR aren't exactly the way to do it.
Just to confirm passengers are allowed. Just have her sign the waiver at the gate, and wear a helmet as stated. With the GF on a road course, start her with touring laps at VIR - work the speed up from there

About tinted helmet visors, I have never heard of that being a concern. Doesn't mean some clubs might not have such a rule, but I have never heard of it. Worst case, you'd simply run visor-up.

About the 240SX - that car was previously owned by a NASA Mid-Atlantic official, that picture was taken before Kevin owned the car
Old 10-23-2007, 07:29 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

I'd like it if I could get an instructor or mentor or whatever to ride along me so I can get faster. So far I've done 2 autocrosses (the last event at Pungo, and the event this past Sunday at ACU-4), and on every event I've gotten faster on every lap, but I know I still have something I can improve on to make me that much faster.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Registered Member

cafcwest is a jewel in the roughcafcwest is a jewel in the roughcafcwest is a jewel in the roughcafcwest is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by WhiteAssPeePee
I'd like it if I could get an instructor or mentor or whatever to ride along me so I can get faster. So far I've done 2 autocrosses (the last event at Pungo, and the event this past Sunday at ACU-4), and on every event I've gotten faster on every lap, but I know I still have something I can improve on to make me that much faster.
I'd be more than happy to ride with you. After our driver's meeting, I have a small get together for all the novices. I'll introduce myself, give some basic pointers on the course, and find out which heat everyone is going to run in so that I can ride along with you.

Hope to see you out next weekend!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

hmm Ill bring the Trailblazer SS out if you all will let me... since no one else is on the track at the same time then I should be able to convince the wifey..
Old 10-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

In.
ESP will be mine! Probably not, but who cares.

Transponder number was what heat, correct?
I know I always seem to ask this, SCCA classing not required?

Last edited by Flinch; 10-23-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz

If I had a car I didn't care about breaking I would. Don't want to use my DD for it.
Plus I'm pretty good driving in a straight line, other than that I think I probably suck.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:46 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by Philbert
In.
ESP will be mine! Probably not, but who cares.

Transponder number was what heat, correct?
I know I always seem to ask this, SCCA classing not required?
I'm going to be faster than you
Old 10-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale

For this event, we will get to do the set up on Saturday. That always makes for a better course. During their season, we get there at "0" dark 30 and start setting up. Therefore, most of the courses, while fast, safe and fun, were a compromise. That won't be the case for this AND the December event. These two events will be as good of a course as humanly possible.

If you're afraid of the walls, don't be. The few that have been concerned had those worries erased after they ran. I had a few even tell me they didn't even notice the walls while on course! I've set up courses for over 20 years and done events at Langley for 4 or 5 years prior to hooking up with NASA, so I have a pretty good idea what works. Plan on third gear in several sections and some pretty technical sections. You WILL have fun!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Originally Posted by WhiteAssPeePee
I'm going to be faster than you
I would hope so; cheater.

Quick Reply: Benchracers of the 757 - Come AutoX already!