Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Buying a jet ski. Any suggestions?

Old 06-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Built, HTA, V9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
japslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these parts
Default Buying a jet ski. Any suggestions?

I just bought a condo on the beach in Norfolk and sitting on the balcony watchng all the jet ski's go by has proven more than I can bare. I would love to buy two because one seems a bit boring... but the wife wont hear that.

I want something fast but has some sort of speed control as I have a 12 year old son. Two seater... no 2 strokes.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Thig Digged

ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq
Default Re: Buying a jet ski. Any suggestions?

buy mine. You simply wont find a better deal.

Sales pitch aside, look for a yamaha or newer seadoo. Generally speaking, older seadoo's are plagued with electrical issues. If you do some quick research, you'll quickly learn that yamaha's dominate in terms of reliability.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered Member

Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 2006 SeaDoo for sale as well, there is a thread in the Other For Sale section. Its in excellent shape and I am willing to deal to get the thing gone.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

kwth8n has disabled reputation

I just bought a new Honda F12x turbo, and I love it. Its fast and fun as hell. 3 seater though, but I'd go 4 the 3 seater just in case you the wife and kid wanna get on together, and the 3 seaters arent much more expensive.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:45 AM

JonStinks is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want a fast 2 seater that's a 4 stroke, I'd get a Seadoo rxp. If you want a 2 seater 4 stroke that's good on gas, get a Honda r12x. There's a wider range of 3 seaters if you only want 4 strokes.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Stock is best.

SinceNine19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Look on Craig's List, there are tons for sale right now. I found two 05 RXT's (Sea-Doo 3 seater supercharged 215hp) for only $15000 with trailer, vests etc. Each had extremely low hours with 18-19 each. That's nothing. 10hr is your first service so yeah, they're practically new. Use the white key for 30mph max for son, yellow for 60+ mph. They're awesome ski's.

Last edited by SinceNine19; 06-02-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:27 AM
yard man

professorman has disabled reputation

Yes. Tons of fun. REally not as much restrictions as we have on the road. That is why I got into jetskis. Cant have fun like I want to on the street. If I fall off the jet ski, I laugh, jump back on and gun it again.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Registered Member

BlacknBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends what you are interested in...my husband and I bought 2 yamaha 2008 VX DELUXE's they are perfect. Both 3 seaters and they do anything i could ask for.

We did remove the mirror's off of them though because they are useless and they get in the way (our drunk friend knocked one onto the water so thats when we decided to just put them aside).....

OH and they were only 9,000 a piece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very stable piece of machinery (sea-doo has a closed loop cooling verses yamaha). Depends if you want closed or open loop cooling....Yamaha is open loop which is less parts to break down.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:14 AM
Stock is best.

SinceNine19 is an unknown quantity at this point

There's really a ski for everyone out there now, you just need to know what type of riding you want too do.

Wave jumping = 2 seater like SeaDoo RXP (S/C so can get out of water on the holeshot up a wave real fast, or Yamaha GPR's jump real well with their hull design)

Cruising = 3 seaters normally (Yamaha Deluxes, big hulls to break waves and are very comfortable rides with cushioned seats etc.)

I'd honestly say a good combo is the SeaDoo RXT like mine or a Yamaha FX HO or SHO, something that's a 3-seater and can bust waves, but still get out of the water and jump some decent waves.

There's a lot of ski's to choose from. My only major recommendation is don't go to small at first like with the SeaDoo GTI, (unless on budget) because when you get out there, you're going to just want more and being that the cost is only a thousand or two more for the nicer models with bigger engines, I'd say go for it. It's like a car man, you get 200hp, you want 400hp the next day.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:19 AM
yard man

professorman has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BlacknBlue

We did remove the mirror's off of them though because they are useless and they get in the way (our drunk friend knocked one onto the water so thats when we decided to just put them aside).....
You should keep them on one, so we can still use it to go Tubing and knee boarding.

Quick Reply: Buying a jet ski. Any suggestions?