Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Cheap Nitrous fill ups

Old 06-23-2004, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fmstatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheap Nitrous fill ups

Well after paying $4/lb to fill up on monday, I made some phone calls both to NX and then to some local welding supply companies. Found a place that will sell nitrous plus (form of nitrous oxide that you use for cars) to individual people. Other places had it, but you had to have a business account set up with them, which is why only places like Millenium, Performance Unlimited, etc usually has it.

Smallest quantity you can buy is 50lbs, at $130 a cylinder ($2.60/lb) and then you have to pay so much a year to use the cylinder that it comes in ($70/yr). So the first time you go to get a 50lb bottle it will cost you $200 ($4/lb), and you don't start saving money until you go through the first 50 lbs. Just thought I'd give people a heads up. Might be a good idea if you have some friends that use nitrous and you wanted to split the cost between 2 or 3 people. PM me for the business number if anyone's interested.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Cheap Nitrous fill ups

That is great and all, but then you have to have the "station" to actually transfer from one bottle to another!
Old 06-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Registered Member

3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall

Maybe I read it wrong or I just don't understand, but I think that's what the $70 a year pays for. I'm thinking that they keep the cylinder of nitrous there at their business, and the $70 a year you are paying is for them to store it and transfer it to your bottle for you. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

no the $70/yr is to use the cylinder each year. Then you take back that cylinder to the business, and they will refill the cylinder they are leasing to you.

I called nitrous express, and specifically asked them if there was any special fittings or anything that would cause a regular person to not be able to fill the bottle themselves. They said as long as your valve is silver, and not the gold ones used on some higher-end kits, that any regular joe could fill the bottle.

unless you use a lot of nitrous, then it won't save you that much money in a year. But if you have a friend or two who sprays too, then you guys could save money pretty quick.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall

Ok, so how are you going to go about transfering the nitrous from the cylinder to the normal bottle?
Old 06-23-2004, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

with a $10 hose from a welding supply company....
Old 06-23-2004, 01:38 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by V8 Hunter
That is great and all, but then you have to have the "station" to actually transfer from one bottle to another!

actually you dont. My friend travis buys it like he's talking about.

You just need to freeze the shit out of your bottle, and all the nitrous will just flow into your bottle without a pump.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

i'll call the place tomorrow (when they're open, its after 5 now) and double check if there's anything extra you'd need. Use a gauge though, you don't want to over-fill your bottle.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:22 PM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Nates95Accord
actually you dont. My friend travis buys it like he's talking about.

You just need to freeze the shit out of your bottle, and all the nitrous will just flow into your bottle without a pump.

You are somewhat right but, you will never get to use ALL the nitrous in the bottle unless you have a pump style fill station! Ive been doing this a long time and Ive tried lots of different ways, the fill station is the best way to get the best fill as well as getting the most out of a bottle.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:15 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by V8 Hunter
You are somewhat right but, you will never get to use ALL the nitrous in the bottle unless you have a pump style fill station! Ive been doing this a long time and Ive tried lots of different ways, the fill station is the best way to get the best fill as well as getting the most out of a bottle.

odd, he could squeeze 11lbs in a 10lb bottle with no pump. You figure with a pump, all your doing is adding heat to the bottle as well, so the nitrous that's in there is expanding a lot more. Id rather not get that 1lb of air in my tank and have 9lb of nitrogen.

Last edited by s2k7; 06-23-2004 at 03:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Cheap Nitrous fill ups