Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

cox or verizon

Old 04-23-2008, 12:29 PM
I wupped Batmans ass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
euro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to all
Default Re: cox or verizon

I personally think all the companies out there suck for one reason or another.

I previously had DirecTV for TV, Cox for internet & home phone, and Verizon for wireless phone. I couldn't stand DirecTV, but never had a problem with Cox and Verizon. My neighbor 2 doors down had Cox TV service and it was awful. They constantly had pixelation issues with Standard digital TV and all Cox was willing to do was install more amplifiers in his house. My parents have Cox TV and internet service and they have had their share of problems with frequent internet downtime and pixelation on their TV, which Cox would try and fix with more amplifiers. It seems that those fucking amplifiers are the solution to everything for Cox, and I hate that patchy work bullshit. My friend in NoVA has Comcast and they compress their HD signals pretty badly. My sister-in-law has Dish, and I like their DVRs, but the service is pretty expensive.

So now I have Fios for EVERYTHING, and I admit it's still not perfect. Phone is still the same, but the Verizon wireless router has dropped my wireless connection about 3 times over the last few weeks with no reason, and my DVR kind of sucks (typical Motorola crap box). There are some parts of the menu/guide/vod that just lag so badly, I want to destroy that worthless motorola box. VOD (Video On Demand) kind of sucks too. Now, I did call Verizon Customer Service about an issue with a VOD movie we purchased that never played, and I'd say my call time with them from start->finish was about 30 mins. I would say getting a hold of someone took roughly 10 mins of waiting, then another 20 minutes of troubleshooting. I think that's acceptable. Their call center is located in Hampton, so I'm happy I'm not speaking to someone in India.

I'm not sure what my point is exactly, but I can't honestly recommend to anybody Cox, Verizon, Comcast, or DirecTV for TV service. I think they all suck balls.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

+1
I've had problems with everyone also. I work for Verizon and can't stand them. These companies are so worried about crunching $'s that they forget that if they just provide a good product, everything else will just take care of itself. I feel for anyone that has a problem with their Verizon home phone service right now.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

JS4KIKZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TOOL
I work for cox and you know the products and prices are very close. Every company has there ups and downs. But man the lack of customer service at verizon is pretty bad. I give out my ext to every customer I talk to. But to get to a rep you can usually get to us in less than 2-3 minutes. A lot of the customers I switch over from verizon complain it takes 20-30 minutes to reach a rep. And if you are trying to disconnect they leave you on hold and then disconnect you asking you to "call back later." Personally being able to talk to someone local and someone is actually reachable is a pretty rare thing for a big company in todays age and that is something that should not be taken lightly. No doubt in my mind that verizon does offer a great product but there call centers suck. And if anyone needs anything just pm me and I will give you my number at cox.
Amen brother! I leave my cell number at all of my customers houses and tell them to call me if they have an issue. Its a shame that a lot of big businesses treat customers the way they do just to save some money and it ends up being us workers that have to take what falls off the top of the hill. My recommendation is go with the company that you are most happy with. That extra mile that some of us go should be a part of our job description.