Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Does Langley have a Eurofigher Typhoon?

Old 10-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE
Default Does Langley have a Eurofigher Typhoon?

I don't know if I was seeing things but I was in the Denbigh area and I look up and see what I thought was a Eurofighter Typhoon. It just cought my attention because it was flying low and It wasn't an American Fighter Jet. My dad told me theirs a Saab jet thats based at NN but both times I saw this I could point out the what I call the whiskers on the side of the cockpit.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

Impulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Does Langley have a Eurofigher Typhoon?

Nah, thats from a squadron that was visiting Oceana last week, not sure if they are french, but I think so...
Old 10-26-2009, 06:14 PM
i7 @ 5GHz <3

NsMoBoy is a splendid one to beholdNsMoBoy is a splendid one to beholdNsMoBoy is a splendid one to beholdNsMoBoy is a splendid one to beholdNsMoBoy is a splendid one to beholdNsMoBoy is a splendid one to beholdNsMoBoy is a splendid one to behold

I did see RAF Eurofighters and a few Tornadoes @ Langley a month or so back, so maybe?
Old 10-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

Originally Posted by Impulsed7
Nah, thats from a squadron that was visiting Oceana last week, not sure if they are french, but I think so...
word, what was weird was it was in the flight path that lands at NN/WBurg but 10-15 minutes later i still saw it in the air. My Grandpa is a retired Army pilot and he said it was NATO but I have no idea where he got his information from and I can't find anything about it.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R

Last time I was in the NN/York Co area (last monday) I saw about 3 aircraft that resembled the pictured aircraft flying East while I was on 17south. I see them somewhat often when I go to that side of the water and have often wondered whats the story behind them as well.

Where's the Langley people who can fill us in?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Its Lightish Red

JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab

Originally Posted by 3Point5SE
My Grandpa is a retired Army pilot and he said it was NATO but I have no idea where he got his information from and I can't find anything about it.
I have never seen any Nato aircraft other than the NATO OTAN AWACS....
Old 10-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Import Tuna

TheSlimOne has a spectacular aura aboutTheSlimOne has a spectacular aura about

What you prolly saw were KFIR's a company thats called ATAC out in Newport News has them.. Maybe??

The KFIR is an Israeli jet that is a modified Mirage 5. Looks alot like that Eurofighter you posted.

As for ATAC. They are a civilian company that provides Adversary support to the armed services. http://www.atacusa.com/

Last edited by TheSlimOne; 10-26-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Its Lightish Red

JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab

I just asked my buddy. He said he will scout the flightline tomorrow, but he hasnt seen it.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7

If I recall correctly the military including the Presidents planes practice using that airport for touch and go routines because it is the longest strip in the area.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Registered Member

Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R

I just looked at Google Earth to get an idea where I was compared to surrounding airports etc... and I didn't know that the Newports News airport runway was that close to 17. Anyway zoomed into the airport and found this, I can't speak for the op, but Im now ceartain this is what I see flying when I venture to the peninsula.
Attached Thumbnails Does Langley have a Eurofigher Typhoon?-la.jpg  

Quick Reply: Does Langley have a Eurofigher Typhoon?