Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Driving Tips

Old 09-11-2005 | 03:41 PM
Banned

StraitLineSpeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Driving Tips

one of the big things : Dont rely on speed...just because your car has 400 whp dont mean your gonna run a good time...some people will get on the track,and think they can haul ass around it to make up for their inexperience at taking turns at high speeds..but the track itself has no "real" straitaway..so speed is overrated..there are 100 hp cars there running good times...its all about your suspension,and knowing that you are capable of making a turn...

but listen to everyone else..cus i run shitty times at langley

wait till i bring out the beater though....haha.
Old 09-12-2005 | 06:03 AM
Chase

98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase

Originally Posted by StraitLineSpeed
one of the big things : Dont rely on speed...just because your car has 400 whp dont mean your gonna run a good time...some people will get on the track,and think they can haul ass around it to make up for their inexperience at taking turns at high speeds..but the track itself has no "real" straitaway..so speed is overrated..there are 100 hp cars there running good times...its all about your suspension,and knowing that you are capable of making a turn...

but listen to everyone else..cus i run shitty times at langley
EXACTLY! Horsepower does help, but shortracks are more handleing than anything else
Old 09-13-2005 | 06:58 AM
Banned

Myeclips99 is an unknown quantity at this point

do not brake in the turns brakes=hard hit in wall
Old 09-13-2005 | 07:03 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Drive more like a circle than and oval. Inside outside inside outside.
Old 09-13-2005 | 03:19 PM
Registered Member

SLMRacer1M has disabled reputation

The real ticket is to take less time turning the car and getting the car pointed in the right direction. The more you have to turn the car the more speed your losing!!!!

For example:

Running a low line in the corner generally means the car will push up in the center and you have to fight to get it turned to the bottom to come out of the corner the whole time your trying to bring the car back down to exit your loosing speed and time.

Running a high line in the corner you run the risk of getting in the "marbles" or loose rubber up top and heading right in the wall or spinning out. But the outside if you can get the car to stick and maintain decent speed, its the longer way around but you may be able to carry more speed.

Cutting the Apex or center of the corner is best, run the car in the corner about 3-4 feet above pit lane slowly bringing the car to the bottom till you are a foot or so off the rumble strips then once you hit the Apex drive the car lower in the corner almost touching the rumble strips now, when done right the car should be pointed straight down the back stretch or front stretch with a window for the driver to pick up the throttle and exit.

On the straight aways the closer your run to the wall the better you can judge the corners coming up and get a good corner entry enabling you to use maximum speed without having to fight the car.

I'm not saying I'm the top driver or know everything but I have a couple laps around langley and in racing cars in general so I hope this helps.

But as Josh said it depends highly on your cars drivetrain FWD RWD AWD and its handling.
Old 09-13-2005 | 06:03 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Fuck that, run ON the rumble strips, thats what I do in the Corolla
Old 09-13-2005 | 06:34 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

Originally Posted by 10extreme
EXACTLY! Horsepower does help, but shortracks are more handleing than anything else
yes and no, chase. since Langley is a short oval, it is more of a mid-corner track and it then becomes a balance between handling and horsepower to be able to carry good exiting speed. carrying too much entry speed might be bad for a car's paint health!
Old 09-13-2005 | 09:36 PM
Chase

98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase

Originally Posted by ToyotaTechGeek
yes and no, chase. since Langley is a short oval, it is more of a mid-corner track and it then becomes a balance between handling and horsepower to be able to carry good exiting speed. carrying too much entry speed might be bad for a car's paint health!
so you're a little more detailed in your explination than i am. Also, i still tend to think more along the lines of NASCAR. With extreme sports wed., horsepower means more because of the launch and getting up to speed. With NASCAR, we do multiple laps, in which handleing means much more. I know youu know this, i'm just trying to justify my answer
Old 09-14-2005 | 05:17 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

ah, but again, yes and no. torque is what gets the car off-the-line! hahahahaha
Old 09-14-2005 | 07:04 AM
Chase

hahaha you win, yet again. But, horsepower = (torque X RPM) / 5252. If one knows that, one knows that when you refer to horsepower, you are in turn, referring to torque Eventhough thats probably wrong too...
I wish I could still go out there!!

Last edited by 10extreme; 09-14-2005 at 07:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Driving Tips