Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

dyno???

Old 03-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Oh Boy.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nunchuckgun nunchuckgun
Default dyno???

so how much do they cost? might sound like a nub question but whatever ive heard a lot of different answers and dunno what to consider true...that and i heard its as bad as having someone slam a sledgehammer into your motor....someone wanna clarify these statements for me?
Old 03-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: dyno???

Originally Posted by nunchuckgun
so how much do they cost? might sound like a nub question but whatever ive heard a lot of different answers and dunno what to consider true...that and i heard its as bad as having someone slam a sledgehammer into your motor....someone wanna clarify these statements for me?
So your trying to compair dynoing your car vs. someone hit your motor with a sledgehammer? No, dynoing your car is not the same thing.

Dynoing your car is pretty much like running on a tredmill, when running on the tredmill do you feel like your getting hit with a sledgehammer? No. Now, if the car is not built correctly and blows up on the dyno then it's not the dynos fault, it's the builders.

Again If you running on a tredmill and your uber out of shape, then yes it might feel like you got hit with a sledgehammer, but thats because your out of shape not the tredmills fault.

And I think dyno pulls at MRD at 75 bucks for 3 pulls.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:14 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Yes...it's horrible on your car. DON'T DO IT!!!!

And while you're at it, try the search button....shit may suprise you
Old 03-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

The reason you hear of the horror stories surrounding dynamometers is because they're a tool used to tune a car. Especially with forced induction, if something is going to break, it's typically going to happen on the dyno until you get the bugs worked out. I have no idea who told you it's the equivalent of hitting you engine with a sledge hammer, but my advice would be to stay far away from that person.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:15 AM
www.anchor-room.com

UNCLEBENZ has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I have no idea who told you it's the equivalent of hitting you engine with a sledge hammer, .................................... stay far away from that person.
Good tuners start slow and work their way to a perfect tune - it is something that generally takes more than 3 dyno pulls - hence the reason why they rent the thing by the hour......
Old 03-30-2008, 05:22 AM
LickMyButthole

yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chass...em280213000054

dyno's are about $40,000 on ebay.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:35 AM
h22 POWA

gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd

i don't think it is that bad. i mean do you run your car on the street sometimes? its the same as just getting on your car.

and at all aspects dyno is like $55 for 3 pulls
Old 03-30-2008, 07:01 AM
Oh Boy.

nunchuckgun nunchuckgun

hahaha yeah, friend told me it was like hitting your shit with a sledgehammer but he didnt go into too much detail, cause im getting a built turbo II so i wanted to know how much hp it was pushin out and if the dyno was gonna fuck up my car
Old 03-30-2008, 07:58 AM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

Originally Posted by nunchuckgun
hahaha yeah, friend told me it was like hitting your shit with a sledgehammer but he didnt go into too much detail, cause im getting a built turbo II so i wanted to know how much hp it was pushin out and if the dyno was gonna fuck up my car
with all due respect your friend is most likely down syndrome.

try to do it on a "dyno day" that most local shops will have maybe once a year. youll save a lot of money usually.

for instance at steen racing in norfolk 3 pulls is right around 75 bucks, but i hit a dyno day and payed 40
Old 03-30-2008, 08:19 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by catfSSh
with all due respect your friend is most likely down syndrome.

try to do it on a "dyno day" that most local shops will have maybe once a year. youll save a lot of money usually.

for instance at steen racing in norfolk 3 pulls is right around 75 bucks, but i hit a dyno day and payed 40
I know some may find this hard to believe, but Steen went out of business.

Quick Reply: dyno???