Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

From the Dyno Inc saturday night hang out...

Old 09-06-2006, 07:16 PM
sounds like a semi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX
Default Re: From the Dyno Inc saturday night hang out...

Originally Posted by Fat Nick
Exactly, so why in the hell does this other dumbfuck think otherwise.
don't know...some cars we will dyno in 3rd for there own sake as making a pull takes about a year and a half in fourth...
Old 09-06-2006, 07:31 PM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

How about I dyno in 1st and 4th we'll see no difference You even have to input the rear end gear on some dynos, I know you have to dyno dynamics. I've seen every little fucking thing you can do with one of those thanks to Brent and Frank @ DTP.

I wish them or someone like them or gyl who runs the dyno @Steen would come on here and prove your stupid ass wrong, they actually work with dynos as a living
HOLY CRAP!

Originally Posted by Homemade WRX
don't know...some cars we will dyno in 3rd for there own sake as making a pull takes about a year and a half in fourth...
Dont try, I have already offered money to him to go try this. But he hasnt collected on it. I doubt he will understand that there is a time and place for 1.1 pulls and the short spurts that result calculations with in 1/100 of the "real" thing.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:50 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

How about I dyno in 1st and 4th we'll see no difference You even have to input the rear end gear on some dynos, I know you have to dyno dynamics. I've seen every little fucking thing you can do with one of those thanks to Brent and Frank @ DTP.

I wish them or someone like them or gyl who runs the dyno @Steen would come on here and prove your stupid ass wrong, they actually work with dynos as a living
I could care less that you know someone that works with dynos for a living. guess what? SO DO I. The gearing is either inputed or calculated, depending on Dyno type. Yes, changing from one gear to another changes the gearing and multiplies torque, but if the proper numbers are in the dyno for that specific gear, It will read the same, or very very close. Some dynos such as a dynojet automatically calculate gearing, thus you can change tire size and gear, etc, and it will all read very close, or the same. We can all agree there are mathematics behind what you're saying, But I can't figure out how you repeatedly fail to understand that dyno software just does the backwards calculation to correct for changes in gear ratio. Is it seriously that fucking hard a concept to understand? It's math not some over complicated impossible code. It's like one line of code in the program to do a conversion. If you can't understand this you need to go see Dr. Kevorkian, because your brain is hopeless.

I will admit there is only ONE exception to this.. but it's real world shit happens kinda stuff, not math related.. the above is theory, which we all know goes out the window in real world car shit.. Doing a higher gear results in greater load on a car, and is more likely to knock, which if it happens, could throw off the above theory. The other thing is in turbo cars with shitty intercoolers, or in heavy heat, or with bad air circulation, or whatever, where the intake air temps rise through the pull. In a 4th gear pull the temps usually get higher than in 3rd which could result in a lower power output. So yes, the power can be different in different gears, but it's NOT math related like you are trying to say.

Last edited by HighPSI TSi Guy; 09-06-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:37 AM
sounds like a semi

Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
I could care less that you know someone that works with dynos for a living. guess what? SO DO I. The gearing is either inputed or calculated, depending on Dyno type. Yes, changing from one gear to another changes the gearing and multiplies torque, but if the proper numbers are in the dyno for that specific gear, It will read the same, or very very close. Some dynos such as a dynojet automatically calculate gearing, thus you can change tire size and gear, etc, and it will all read very close, or the same.
the only dyno I have played with that wanted every fact on the car entered in was a land and sea used for lab work and that dyno was so inconsistent I wouldn't give a crap what is said anyhow.
What you describe above is true but it is still recommended to dyno in the closest 1:1 gear ratio. We have tuned cars in 3rd gear and then done 4th gear pulls to see differences and other load cells that may apear. In these tests the outputted data is nearly identical as it should be based on how the mustang software works.