Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

ECPI

Old 04-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Captain Deeeez Nutzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b16 snatch has disabled reputation
Default Re: ECPI

been there, done that. was it worth it?...
Old 04-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

SpldPerformance has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I turned down a lot of ECPI people (a dozen or so I tihnk) when we were looking for someone to replace me before I moved. Not enough education, no one is teaching electronics anymore, just computers. Looked good until the interview, then the truth came out.
Good to know...
Old 04-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

TO put that into perspective though, I had a much more technical electronics job than most.. I'm just saying that we could have never hired someone directly out of school..
Old 04-30-2006, 01:29 AM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

TRONS IS TRONS!!!

On a side note. I went through ECPI on the accelerated AS Degree in IT. I blazed through it in 5months while I was in the yards during my NAVY time. Alot of companies look at it as a community college degree..and with the new Bach. program we'll see how it works out and how the IT/ET community takes to this BS IT.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Our IT guy came from ECPI, good education. The electronics side is apparently what sucks.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:32 PM
Registered Member

SpldPerformance has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Our IT guy came from ECPI, good education. The electronics side is apparently what sucks.
I would think the electronics side would be more of your foundation. If that sucks then what good are they doing? Is the technical aspect worth it then?
Old 05-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

Its not a big TRONS school.. more for IT admin types. They dont even teach BEE there. If your interested in Electronic Engineering go to TCC take a BEE class and work your way up to ODU. They have various programs that can cater to your needs. If your wanting to do something in the IT field ODU has a ACCELERATED DOCTORATES program 5yr. Be prepare to lose your hair and your mind though lol.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:19 PM
no longer a moder8r

chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad

ECPI is a joke, they "wow" you with the "fishbowl" of brand new dell computers and projectors on the 3rd floor (where the admissions office is). Once you take the entrance exam, sign the papers, and write the check and finally make your way into the classroom, you are confronted with old school 486 computers and 14in crt monitors. Good luck completing even a simple excel spread sheet without your computer freezing.

Not only that, i had a total of 6 classes there, and 13 (yes THIRTEEN) instructors. I only had one teacher that taught the whole course without quitting. He was the only teacher that MADE you learn, he knew the content, and actually cared if you obtained the knowledge. The other 5 classes i took, i had multiple instructors including one psychotic lady that FLIPPED and yelled at the whole class and actually threw her computer monitor before storming out never to be seen again.

I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. I have not attended the school for almost 2 years now, and in March or this month, they put a judgment on my credit report for $351 dollars. I called the school and was informed that it was a mistake and it would be taken care of, to this day it still reflects on the report. I now have to send 3 letters via certified mail to all the credit bureaus to clear up the matter.

I walked out of ECPI with a 3.9 GPA having learned only what I taught myself by reading the books. The instructors were worthless, the “dean” was just a weekly dose of pep talk bullshit just to keep the cash rolling in. When I left and tried to take my credits to ODU I was told they were not transferable and I would have to retake those classes … Before you decide to go $32,000 in debt for a 2 year degree, make sure you don’t want to attend another school for a BA or you will be starting over, or re-treading in some of the same water.

Cliffnotes: ECPI = Ripoff.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

bocker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JUSTA EX
ECPI is a joke, they "wow" you with the "fishbowl" of brand new dell computers and projectors on the 3rd floor (where the admissions office is). Once you take the entrance exam, sign the papers, and write the check and finally make your way into the classroom, you are confronted with old school 486 computers and 14in crt monitors. Good luck completing even a simple excel spread sheet without your computer freezing.

Not only that, i had a total of 6 classes there, and 13 (yes THIRTEEN) instructors. I only had one teacher that taught the whole course without quitting. He was the only teacher that MADE you learn, he knew the content, and actually cared if you obtained the knowledge. The other 5 classes i took, i had multiple instructors including one psychotic lady that FLIPPED and yelled at the whole class and actually threw her computer monitor before storming out never to be seen again.

I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. I have not attended the school for almost 2 years now, and in March or this month, they put a judgment on my credit report for $351 dollars. I called the school and was informed that it was a mistake and it would be taken care of, to this day it still reflects on the report. I now have to send 3 letters via certified mail to all the credit bureaus to clear up the matter.

I walked out of ECPI with a 3.9 GPA having learned only what I taught myself by reading the books. The instructors were worthless, the “dean” was just a weekly dose of pep talk bullshit just to keep the cash rolling in. When I left and tried to take my credits to ODU I was told they were not transferable and I would have to retake those classes … Before you decide to go $32,000 in debt for a 2 year degree, make sure you don’t want to attend another school for a BA or you will be starting over, or re-treading in some of the same water.

Cliffnotes: ECPI = Ripoff.

I unfortunately have to completely agree with you. I wish I never went. Big waste of money and time.

I'm trying to get my Bachelors from ODU too. I have a TON of electives and am basically a freshman.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:52 AM
Blood Money

turbo9mm is an unknown quantity at this point

damn that shit aint making me feel to good now, considering I have been here for 5 semesters. I hope I at least get something out of it.

Quick Reply: ECPI