Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

ECPI

Old 05-02-2006, 04:28 AM
He's like the wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC
Default Re: ECPI

Originally Posted by JUSTA EX
ECPI is a joke, they "wow" you with the "fishbowl" of brand new dell computers and projectors on the 3rd floor (where the admissions office is). Once you take the entrance exam, sign the papers, and write the check and finally make your way into the classroom, you are confronted with old school 486 computers and 14in crt monitors. Good luck completing even a simple excel spread sheet without your computer freezing.

Not only that, i had a total of 6 classes there, and 13 (yes THIRTEEN) instructors. I only had one teacher that taught the whole course without quitting. He was the only teacher that MADE you learn, he knew the content, and actually cared if you obtained the knowledge. The other 5 classes i took, i had multiple instructors including one psychotic lady that FLIPPED and yelled at the whole class and actually threw her computer monitor before storming out never to be seen again.

I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. I have not attended the school for almost 2 years now, and in March or this month, they put a judgment on my credit report for $351 dollars. I called the school and was informed that it was a mistake and it would be taken care of, to this day it still reflects on the report. I now have to send 3 letters via certified mail to all the credit bureaus to clear up the matter.

I walked out of ECPI with a 3.9 GPA having learned only what I taught myself by reading the books. The instructors were worthless, the “dean” was just a weekly dose of pep talk bullshit just to keep the cash rolling in. When I left and tried to take my credits to ODU I was told they were not transferable and I would have to retake those classes … Before you decide to go $32,000 in debt for a 2 year degree, make sure you don’t want to attend another school for a BA or you will be starting over, or re-treading in some of the same water.

Cliffnotes: ECPI = Ripoff.
Your are 100% correct. I went there for about 2 1/2 semesters before I got smart and realized it was a waste of time and money. A big waste of money. Spend half as much and go to ODU or just get an associates from a community college and get your degree from a university.

FYI, most good IT companies will train you what you need to know and are willing to pay for your continued education.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Back for more

GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point

See above, your mileage may not vary, I went there for a year (give or take) about 2 or 3 years ago and it was a joke on it's best day thren, not to mention I was banging my financial aid advisor which is pretty much the only purpose for me attending and the whole time I ended up with a 3.86 GPA with the most minimal of effort. To top it off NO ONE actually gives you any kind of credit for their classes they are just another joke....
Old 05-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

OMFG, ECPI costs 32k????
Old 05-02-2006, 01:08 PM
no longer a moder8r

chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
OMFG, ECPI costs 32k????
Yes, at least for the "IT Web Design" program ...
Old 05-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Blood Money

turbo9mm is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah I am seriously thinking about bailing out of ECPI and going to ODU now after reading all this shit yall put up about it. I love how they don't tell you any of this shit while they are having you pay out all the money fuck this school..
Old 05-02-2006, 01:20 PM
no longer a moder8r

Jump for the first lifeboat ! ODU has a much better selection of Pie as well.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

phxaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Shaddap chad, im in class now!
Old 05-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Blood Money

turbo9mm is an unknown quantity at this point

Jump for the first lifeboat ! ODU has a much better selection of Pie as well.
haha I know I dont think I want to try and fuck with single mom's with two kids that shit is gay.. I just dont know how bad this is gonna fuck me money wise. I want to be able to get a degree and show a company without them laughing at me..
Old 05-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Yes, at least for the "IT Web Design" program ...
Holy shit, you can get a (I'm trying not to say "real") education somewhere else for that, that's almost as much as a 4 year degree at many good schools.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:50 PM
no longer a moder8r

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Holy shit, you can get a (I'm trying not to say "real") education somewhere else for that, that's almost as much as a 4 year degree at many good schools.
I agree, which what i told them when i left. I racked up $2,800 in debt, which is close to being paid off ...

Quick Reply: ECPI