Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

ECPI

Old 05-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Blood Money

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo9mm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ECPI

yeah I am sitting in class looking at my teacher wanting to say fuck you I am outta here.. I dont wanna throw away all of this money for nothing..
Old 05-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

DMesa has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SpldPerformance
I would think the electronics side would be more of your foundation. If that sucks then what good are they doing? Is the technical aspect worth it then?
They turned into an MS Cert. factory.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:14 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by JUSTA EX
ECPI is a joke, they "wow" you with the "fishbowl" of brand new dell computers and projectors on the 3rd floor (where the admissions office is). Once you take the entrance exam, sign the papers, and write the check and finally make your way into the classroom, you are confronted with old school 486 computers and 14in crt monitors. Good luck completing even a simple excel spread sheet without your computer freezing.

Not only that, i had a total of 6 classes there, and 13 (yes THIRTEEN) instructors. I only had one teacher that taught the whole course without quitting. He was the only teacher that MADE you learn, he knew the content, and actually cared if you obtained the knowledge. The other 5 classes i took, i had multiple instructors including one psychotic lady that FLIPPED and yelled at the whole class and actually threw her computer monitor before storming out never to be seen again.

I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. I have not attended the school for almost 2 years now, and in March or this month, they put a judgment on my credit report for $351 dollars. I called the school and was informed that it was a mistake and it would be taken care of, to this day it still reflects on the report. I now have to send 3 letters via certified mail to all the credit bureaus to clear up the matter.

I walked out of ECPI with a 3.9 GPA having learned only what I taught myself by reading the books. The instructors were worthless, the “dean” was just a weekly dose of pep talk bullshit just to keep the cash rolling in. When I left and tried to take my credits to ODU I was told they were not transferable and I would have to retake those classes … Before you decide to go $32,000 in debt for a 2 year degree, make sure you don’t want to attend another school for a BA or you will be starting over, or re-treading in some of the same water.

Cliffnotes: ECPI = Ripoff.
Dude, I wish you wouldve told me this shit right after you left it and before I signed up for it.

DO NOT GO TO ECPI. Simple as that.

I have a kickass job right now, but every job I've had was due to connections, NOTHING at all due to that shit ghetto school.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:35 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

any school that advertises on tv and the radio (aside from state cc's and what not) is going to be a buisness to fuck you out of your money.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:13 PM

droptop50 is an unknown quantity at this point

49 Current/former students in Greenville SC has a classaction lawsuit going against ECPI because the school promised you can get great paying jobs and that your credits will transfer to any college. I graduated last year and was thinking about getting a class action in the Va Beach campus because they promised me that my credits will transfer to ODU or Norfolk St.. Neither is true and I couldnt find a decent paying job like they promised. Anyone else interested in consulting a lawyer and getting a class action lawsuit together?

Heres the link below
http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050916/NEWS04/509160330/1012/NEWS01
Old 05-08-2006, 11:14 PM

droptop50 is an unknown quantity at this point

ECPI College of Technology has denied the claims of 49 current or former students that its computer training is "severely deficient" and asked a federal judge to dismiss the complaint and award it attorney fees and other "appropriate relief."

The college also said the enrollment agreements students must sign requiring them to file complaints with a private arbitrator are "not unconscionable, unreasonable or oppressive" and that the court does not have the jurisdiction to intervene.

The former students, who want to combine their complaints as a class action, have alleged in court documents that the college made false claims about their ability to find work and transfer credits and that teachers were "unqualified" and course curricula "substandard."

They are seeking reimbursement for tuition costs of as much as $25,000 for 18 months of training, attorney Gary Poliakoff has said.
ECPI said in its response that the students "have failed to state any claim or cause of action against ECPI whatsoever." It also said students who have filed private arbitration claims against the school have waived their rights to object to the process.

"Principles of arbitral immunity bar this court from intervening," the school said in its response.

U.S. District Judge G. Ross Anderson said in a hearing this month that the enrollment contract students must sign is "one of the most one-sided agreements I've ever seen." He told attorneys for ECPI that the matter was within his jurisdiction and that the school is using "typical obstructionist tactics" in a case in which students "all have the same issues."

Anderson issued an injunction halting the private arbitration proceedings and said he would favor class-action status against ECPI, possibly in a public court.

ECPI attorney Leo Hill declined additional comment on Thursday. Gary Poliakoff, attorney for the students, could not be reached because he was out of the country, a secretary said.

Poliakoff has argued in court that allowing student complaints to be consolidated is a "gateway" issue the court must decide, and that the nonprofit American Arbitration Association has repeatedly declined to hear the students' complaints as a class -- at the urging of ECPI -- unless a court ordered it to do so.

"ECPI admits that it opposed arbitration claimants' effort to file a class arbitration" because it was contrary to the agreements students had signed, the school's response said.

Poliakoff has said school recruiters told applicants that they would have a 98 percent placement rate after their training and make as much as $40,000 to $50,000. Instead, he told Anderson most are working $7-an-hour jobs, many are $25,000 in debt for 18 months of training and "employers laugh in their faces."

The school's response denies "any fraudulent, negligent or otherwise improper" activity alleged by students.

ECPI attorneys have argued in court that keeping the 49 arbitration cases separate would be more efficient. Two of the plaintiffs have not filed private complaints with the arbitrator and one is still enrolled at the school, according to ECPI's response.

In response to many of the previously filed allegations, ECPI filed a one-sentence denial without additional elaboration.

The school asked Anderson to dismiss the complaint, lift the injunction halting private arbitration and award ECPI costs, attorney fees and "any other appropriate relief."
Old 05-09-2006, 04:38 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by droptop50
49 Current/former students in Greenville SC has a classaction lawsuit going against ECPI because the school promised you can get great paying jobs and that your credits will transfer to any college. I graduated last year and was thinking about getting a class action in the Va Beach campus because they promised me that my credits will transfer to ODU or Norfolk St.. Neither is true and I couldnt find a decent paying job like they promised. Anyone else interested in consulting a lawyer and getting a class action lawsuit together?

Heres the link below
http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050916/NEWS04/509160330/1012/NEWS01

Link no worky, can you fix it?
Old 05-09-2006, 05:38 AM
no longer a moder8r

chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...30/1012/NEWS01
Old 05-09-2006, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

bocker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by droptop50

Heres the link below
I'd be happy if I could get my money back. I was told that my credits would transfer too. Now I'm a freshman.

I was also told I'd get a good paying job and good education. I can't believe I fell for it. The only reason I got my job was because of a friend.

I don't know if a lawsuit would really work though. Maybe if we can get enough people together.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Registered Member

frmadig has disabled reputation

Wow, im glad I found this thread, I was thinking about going to ECPI but there is no way in hell Im going to go there now.

Quick Reply: ECPI