Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

exhaust

Old 03-21-2004, 05:45 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Z-24 Black Z-24
Default Re: exhaust

Originally Posted by nj2vacavy
i JUST got this exhaust put on a few days ago, i'm not goin back to stock....NEVER!

stock is good

I want my stock exhaust back.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:42 AM
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

i like my exhaust...sounds good, quiet, and has a little bit of performance gain...
Old 03-21-2004, 10:27 AM

nj2vacavy is an unknown quantity at this point

the shop in poquoson i took it to told me my seats wont get passed either.......what kinda shit is that. Tenzo R Rally seats. I know thats a bunch of bull. Can someone PM me a good place to go where i wont hear that kinda shit? Either in Hampton or Norfolk
Old 03-21-2004, 12:35 PM

UltimatIllusion has disabled reputation

hrmm thats interesting.. ive gotten warned for my muffer 3 times, each and every time i used the silencer that was in it to get me out of the ticket... the VA Beach cop told me that it is now illegal in the city of VA Beach to possess an after market exhaust... .i sold my old muffler and now have a duel tip Hyiammi Exhaust (as opposed to my single tip Hanabi)... my car sounds good ... in my high RPMs it can get loud as all, but its never on the annoying side of loud... its just very deep toned ... and i'm below the state limit on decibles which if i remember right its either 98 or 108 is the legal limit...

As for inspection... i was told as long as it clears the bumper above the muffler, it will pass... (as well as no leaks and standard stuff like that)
Old 03-21-2004, 01:41 PM
Registered Member

Black Z-24 Black Z-24

Originally Posted by nj2vacavy
the shop in poquoson i took it to told me my seats wont get passed either.......what kinda shit is that. Tenzo R Rally seats. I know thats a bunch of bull. Can someone PM me a good place to go where i wont hear that kinda shit? Either in Hampton or Norfolk
mines fine.
Old 03-21-2004, 03:51 PM
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hybridtactics
My friend's dad is inspector of the inspectors and he told me exhaust don't matter and mine is Apexi N1 and they are loud. Exhaust is not part of the inspection rule books. Any exhaust on any car that is not factory is illegal, including truck, but they don't get pulled for that.
exhaust IS part of the SI.. it is not the "noise" of the muffler they check, its for leaks.. and like cobra said, most State Inspectors dont really care.. check all lights, saftey devices, tires and brakes and we get it the fuck out.. if we actually did what the whole entire book tells us to do, it would take damn near and hour and a half and we dont even get paid half that for a SI..