Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

FYI Cars and Coffee Hampton Roads IS NOT Cars & Coffee Virginia Beach

Old 05-27-2010, 04:48 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of6spd z33 has much to be proud of
Default Re: FYI Cars and Coffee Hampton Roads IS NOT Cars & Coffee Virginia Beach

Originally Posted by drunkard
I'm the real Napster. Shawn Fanning was my roommate. I was napping when he stole it....hence the name Napster.
do you also drive a hopped up mini on steroids?
Old 05-27-2010, 05:05 AM
I'm so thirsty

drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard
Default Re: FYI Cars and Coffee Hampton Roads IS NOT Cars & Coffee Virginia Beach

Originally Posted by 6spd z33
do you also drive a hopped up mini on steroids?
Unfortunately no, but I do have speakers that blow women clothes off.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:15 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
How the fuck can you sell a marketing package for something like that?
Originally Posted by Grifter757
What he said...
Well per their email to me they offer the following for $3500.... note the part where they explicitly say they do not have rigthts to the "Cars & Coffee" name:

We do the following for $3,500.00 per year and a reduced rate in year two:

Give use of our logo
Give unlimited email addresses
Write press release announcing your group and what your group is doing
Give one year full tech support including upload of images, text, links, sponsor banners, etc.
Give revenue share for advertisers we post to your page or sponsors we bring to your event that you approve

We do "not" grant anyone permission to hold a Cars and Coffee event. The term Cars and Coffee is as commonplace as "Kleenex" and "Xerox" and has been used loosely by car clubs and even Dupont Registry for their weekend gatherings for well over a decade.
So basically they created a website for C&C hampton roads as a subsite of their website and made a "press release" which was nothing more than creating a HR section on their forums and making a post in it.

Yet they have hired some independent local marketing firm called seven (something) marketing to call and bug me... basically I told them I didn't want their product, they saw the good turnout/interest, then sent someone here to sell their "package" to somebody. They're more than welcome to do that... it's tacky, but to call me and try and tell me I can't use the cars and coffee words is unprofessional. I know for a fact that they do not have it trademarked... a gentleman in GA does.

Last edited by Cobra4B; 05-27-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:20 AM
I'm so thirsty

I would respond by stating the company does not have rights to the name as well, since the gentlemen in GA does. It is trademark infringement for them to do so, unless they have his written consent. Then I would ask for the copy on said consent.

Before doing this, shoot an email to the man in GA and tell him people are trying to make money off his trademark.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:22 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

He knows..... but since I'm not trying to make any money off of this, just wanted to create a fun car hangout I'm going to let it go. I just hope the car dealer who purchased the package understands what they purchsed because if they think they bought rights to use the name in this market then they're unfortunately mistaken.

Until I get a cease and desist letter from the gentleman in GA I'm not changing anything
Old 05-27-2010, 05:25 AM
I'm so thirsty

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
He knows..... but since I'm not trying to make any money off of this, just wanted to create a fun car hangout I'm going to let it go. I just hope the car dealer who purchased the package understands what they purchsed because if they think they bought rights to use the name in this market then they're unfortunately mistaken.

Until I get a cease and desist letter from the gentleman in GA I'm not changing anything
I would just continue to tell them to FUCK OFF...in a nice way of course. If they continue to hound you, post up website/info and let VADriven have at it. We all know this site ruin lives.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:26 AM
Fanboi

Yes.... but I'd prefer to be professional vs. sick VaDriven on them. I used to work for the car dealer that purchased the package.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:17 AM
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I used to work for the car dealer that purchased the package.
Coincidence?
Old 05-27-2010, 07:25 AM
Fanboi

Originally Posted by ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇█
Coincidence?
Yes... I think they were approached by this group, but do not know for sure. They are the most logical dealer group in the area to approach for a "C&C type" event as they are generally known to focus on higher end and european cars.

Either way it's a non-issue to me.... just wanted to get the word out to those in the area.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Punch the dot

Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle!

I could 4chan it for you

Quick Reply: FYI Cars and Coffee Hampton Roads IS NOT Cars & Coffee Virginia Beach