Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

G.E.D Program?

Old 01-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joshuaa3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: G.E.D Program?

http://www.adultlearning.vbschools.com/

ADULT LEARNING CENTER
4160 Virginia Beach Boulevard
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Phone: 306-0991
Old 01-13-2007, 06:03 AM
±RepLegion

92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20

Good luck joining the Navy with a G.E.D, they are downsizing and I'm almost positive you wouldn't be able to get in with just a G.E.D. My recommendation - go to Open Campus High School off of Witchduck Rd. ( Can't remember how to spell it ) and VA Beach Boulevard. They run a program for people who are behind and / or have dropped out. I went there after I dropped out senior year and came out with a H.S. diploma.

It's an accelerated program, so if you don't have the desire to get your life back on track don't bother. Here was my daily schedule while I attended:

Work: 6am-12:30pm
School: 1:30pm-9:30pm

Every weekday, but it was worth every minute of it.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:19 AM
Banned

Gompers is an unknown quantity at this point

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, give the kid a god damned break.
He fucked up, and now hes doing his time. At least hes got a fucking plan, which i way more than I had when I was 15.

If you end up just doing a GED, the military will probably be a good bet, and almost necessary to start life on the right track. What a GED spells out to most is "probably incompetant, couldnt handle highschool" But, what a military backing spells is "disciplined, mature" So it just may work out for you. But like stated, the Navy may be getting more strict.
What would be very open is the Grunt-work. Army/Marines

Then, college. Get a Degree...in anything. The degree will definately erase your GED from most everyone's eyes.

I dont know how you ended up in the situation(well, I can assume) but it doesn't fucking matter. Mistakes are made, and then they are fixed.
It will not be easy.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:20 AM
Registered Member

blu99teg is on a distinguished road

To possibly join the navy he will have to score 85 or better on his asvab. And they only let 5 percent of their new recruits have GED's. And its a huge waiver too. (I have a GED)
Old 01-13-2007, 08:30 AM
E for Engourged.

4BangerCivic has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Gompers
Jesus Tapdancing Christ, give the kid a god damned break.
Hi, this is VAdriven, did you forget where you were?

anyways yah - join the military after you get your G.E.D. Take the ASVAB and do well (since you have school smarts) and they'll call you 24/7 like they did everyone i know.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Originally Posted by naMfOrelliK
Just sit at home and watch TV...if you watch enough of it...you'll see a commercial telling you how you can get your GED...then go on to learn skills to get your future started.
LOL
Old 01-13-2007, 09:47 AM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

Originally Posted by edtek
Not trying to be a pain homie, but just go back to high school because, if you don't have an inherence, rich parents, or mom or daddy owning a big firm your not going to make it very far! You'll thank yourself in the end!
eh, don't think that is the case with everyone bro. i dropped out of high school to get my GED, i wasnt in legal trouble though. I am about to graduate with a 3.3 in criminal justice this spring, im not a rocket scientist, but i did ok.

New horizons down the street from TNCC they have GED programs for Minors, you have to go through a 7 week program if your under 17 i believe, also the court ordered it and offered no insight on where to get it? kind of a shitty deal if you ask me.

Last edited by TheGentleArt; 01-13-2007 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:51 AM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

Originally Posted by pasty
I would like to congratulate the threadstarter for screwing up his life before his balls even dropped. Does this lifelong plan of yours consist of you being a cook at Hooters, or possibly even a dishwasher at IHOP? A G.E.D. is worth shit and just says that you weren't good/smart enough to make it through high school, and that conveys the message that you are not good enough for the real world. You are below the weakest link.
Anyways, about that ounce?
high school diploma means shit also, the only way to do ANYTHING in life is through college, 2 year degree's are the new HS diploma. As soon as i get mine this year im Xfering to a 4 year program. Just so everyone knows i do believe one of the previous surgeon generals had a GED
Old 01-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Between Bikes

pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty

Originally Posted by TheGentleArt
high school diploma means shit also, the only way to do ANYTHING in life is through college, 2 year degree's are the new HS diploma. As soon as i get mine this year im Xfering to a 4 year program. Just so everyone knows i do believe one of the previous surgeon generals had a GED
I'm in college for Engineering. Still though, a G.E.D. is worth less than a highschool diploma.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Registered Member

Gr0dy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by pasty
I would like to congratulate the threadstarter for screwing up his life before his balls even dropped. Does this lifelong plan of yours consist of you being a cook at Hooters, or possibly even a dishwasher at IHOP? A G.E.D. is worth shit and just says that you weren't good/smart enough to make it through high school, and that conveys the message that you are not good enough for the real world. You are below the weakest link.

Anyways, about that ounce?

i would like to congradulate you on being a dick head and completely retarded. My balls dropped when i was about 12 which really has nothing to do with me getting my g.e.d. My grandpa dropped out and got his g.e.d , he worked for the city for 25 years making 6 digits and now hes retired getting a 2200$ paycheck for the rest of his life. My father dropped out got his g.e.d and is making 65k a year as a chief in the navy. I know plenty of people who have gone to community college with a g.e.d and its not like i have a choice now in case you couldnt read i have a COURT ORDER to get my g.e.d and a job. Thank you to all the people who actually helped me find a place to get my g.e.d and thank you to the people who got these dickheads off my nuts.

Originally Posted by TheGentleArt
eh, don't think that is the case with everyone bro. i dropped out of high school to get my GED, i wasnt in legal trouble though. I am about to graduate with a 3.3 in criminal justice this spring, im not a rocket scientist, but i did ok.

New horizons down the street from TNCC they have GED programs for Minors, you have to go through a 7 week program if your under 17 i believe, also the court ordered it and offered no insight on where to get it? kind of a shitty deal if you ask me.
Thank you for the help , no they didnt my attorney couldnt even tell me where to go to get it

Last edited by Gr0dy; 01-13-2007 at 02:23 PM.