Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

G.E.D Program?

Old 01-13-2007, 10:58 PM
d00d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
duder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: G.E.D Program?

Originally Posted by Gr0dy
I had possession with intent and trauncy charges , i got a court order yesterday to get in the g.e.d. program and get my g.e.d and im on a 6 month behavorial contract thing and the charges get dropped as long as i get my g.e.d and maintain a job before the 6 months is up . Anyways im not sure where to even start to get into the program. Im 15 years old, ill be 16 the 28th of jan. so ill be old enough then if you needed to know , anyone that could help its greatly appreciated
Take this as a learning experience. You gave up something that is free and now you have to pay to get that same thing back. You're future is not hopeless as some people would say. But, any way you look at this situation, you will have to work 10 times harder than the average person to make it.

We all make mistakes when we're young. What seperates us are the ones who learn from their mistakes and the ones that do not. My advice to you is don't be one of those that take no knowledge from this experience.

With that being said, try and get into a trade school of some sort and specialize in a field, preferably something technology oriented.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:30 AM
booooo

EddieBell has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TheGentleArt
high school diploma means shit also, the only way to do ANYTHING in life is through college, 2 year degree's are the new HS diploma. As soon as i get mine this year im Xfering to a 4 year program. Just so everyone knows i do believe one of the previous surgeon generals had a GED
some two year programs are descent pay like LPN Liscensed Practical Nurse but its never good to just settle for anything just to get coast along
Old 01-14-2007, 04:29 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by pasty
That is all fine and good, but sadly in today's society, whether you are intelligent or not, that paper will still get you somewhere. I have respect for my grandparents who had dropped out though. My Grandpa dropped out to go fight in World War 2, and my Grandma dropped out at 14 to take care of her brothers and sisters after her parents died. They realized the mistake they made by dropping out and scrounged every penny they could to send my dad to college.

I would also hate to say it, but 50k+ is not much these days.
$50k is fucking PLENTY unless youre a douche with your money and blow it all on dumb shit. The average HOUSEHOLD in america makes less than $50k, if one person cant survive off of that they're doing somehting wrong. I make $33k base salary at my "job" and another $4-8k during the hot seasons with my business, and I have plenty of money to live on and play with, and I blow alot of it.

$50k is alot of money.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:20 AM
carebearreps

pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0

^^ Agreed. Last year I made 32k from working. Granted I'm only twenty without a family but I paid my rents/all my utilities just fine as well as being able to buy the things I wanted for myself. 50k seems like it'd be a substantial amount.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Between Bikes

pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty

Originally Posted by Ganondorf
$50k is fucking PLENTY unless youre a douche with your money and blow it all on dumb shit. The average HOUSEHOLD in america makes less than $50k, if one person cant survive off of that they're doing somehting wrong. I make $33k base salary at my "job" and another $4-8k during the hot seasons with my business, and I have plenty of money to live on and play with, and I blow alot of it.

$50k is alot of money.
I was talking about if you raise a family.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

Gr0dy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by pasty
I was talking about if you raise a family.
before my father was a chief between him and my mother they were making 50 grand a year , which payed for the mortgage all the house bills (electrical, water,satellite internet,phone), food for all of us , car insurance payments for both of them plus my brother , also all 4 of our cell phone bills and they were in debt from my mom buying a bunch of shit with alot of interest so 50 grand a year is well more then enough for you and your family to live off of
Old 01-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Between Bikes

pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty

before my father was a chief between him and my mother they were making 50 grand a year , which payed for the mortgage all the house bills (electrical, water,satellite internet,phone), food for all of us , car insurance payments for both of them plus my brother , also all 4 of our cell phone bills and they were in debt from my mom buying a bunch of shit with alot of interest so 50 grand a year is well more then enough for you and your family to live off of
Meh, I guess it all depends on where you want to live, how big of a family you want, and what kinds of cars you drive.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:22 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by Ganondorf
$50k is alot of money.
No it's not.

Yes and 20 years ago, $50K was a lot to make, not so much anymore. Houses were also about 1/10th of what they cost now, and everything in general was cheaper. A family of 4 with a decent house cannot live comfortably off $50k a year.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

Gr0dy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
No it's not.

Yes and 20 years ago, $50K was a lot to make, not so much anymore. Houses were also about 1/10th of what they cost now, and everything in general was cheaper. A family of 4 with a decent house cannot live comfortably off $50k a year.
true to an extent , my dad just made chief 3-4 years ago not 20, so my family which is a family of 4 in a 2 story 4 bedroom house lived just fine off of 50k
but the house is worth alot more now then it was when we bought it