Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Good/cheap place to get oil changed in VB?

Old 05-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Good/cheap place to get oil changed in VB?

Cheapest Place: your driveway

When I dont have time, it goes to the Walmart on Nimmo, I've had good experience there.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:32 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by ufctapout
I don't have the time or equipment to do it myself, and paying $30 at Jiffy Lube is just insane. Anyone have any recommendations of other places to go? I went to Meineke last time and they broke my hood rod bracket.
Originally Posted by 98formulaLS1
Cheapest Place: your driveway

When I dont have time, it goes to the Walmart on Nimmo, I've had good experience there.
$30?!?! is insane? Have you priced oil lately? I think its 3 bucks a quart. You need 5. That in itself is $15. Then $10 for a filter. So You will spend $25 easy for cheap shit at advanced auto. or pay $5 extra and not have to touch it. Your call bud.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If $30 for routine car maintenance is too high, sell the car and buy a bicycle.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
$30?!?! is insane? Have you priced oil lately? I think its 3 bucks a quart. You need 5. That in itself is $15. Then $10 for a filter. So You will spend $25 easy for cheap shit at advanced auto. or pay $5 extra and not have to touch it. Your call bud.
lol why did you quote me? your response had nothing to do with my post!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:13 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
Originally Posted by Fabrik8
If $30 for routine car maintenance is too high, sell the car and buy a bicycle.
I'm one of those really weird people that tries to get the best deal. For instance, if I know some places offer a service for $30, and other places offer the same service for $15, I will go with the place that does it for cheapest. It's a crazy fucking concept, I know, but it's what I do.

And as far as the "routine maintenance too high" thing, if you aren't shopping for the best price (read above), you are a moron.

Asking for some suggestions for a cheap oil change place really isn't that big of a fucking deal.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

youre not going to find a place that will do it for 15 without a coupon or something. and IMO quality work > price
Old 05-07-2009, 08:01 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Jesus, the oil for the vette is around 6-7 bux a quart * 6, + 10 for a good filter.

I bet you go for the cheapest deal then complain when its not right :P

If you want to go any cheaper that $30, do it yourself. Autozone has a thing, buy five quarts and get the filter free. So thats like $16 worth of parts.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:04 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Jesus, the oil for the vette is around 6-7 bux a quart * 6, + 10 for a good filter.

I bet you go for the cheapest deal then complain when its not right :P

If you want to go any cheaper that $30, do it yourself. Autozone has a thing, buy five quarts and get the filter free. So thats like $16 worth of parts.
Nope I don't complain when it's not right because places usually don't fuck up oil changes.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:08 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by ufctapout
Nope I don't complain when it's not right because places usually don't fuck up oil changes.
You must not have owned a car very long.

People fuck up oil changes all the time.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:12 AM
MARK IT ZERO

Yeah man I've only owned a car for about 8 years now. The biggest fuckup I've ever had done is when Meineke broke that bracket off and my hood rod was hanging down into the engine. I called the manager out on it and he denied it.

If an auto tech can't do an oil change without fucking something up, probably time to find a new line of work.

Quick Reply: Good/cheap place to get oil changed in VB?