Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Good/cheap place to get oil changed in VB?

Old 05-07-2009, 08:14 AM
MARK IT ZERO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout
Default Re: Good/cheap place to get oil changed in VB?

Anyways, like I said I don't have ramps or anything. If anyone in VB is changing their oil soon, and they want free lunch or $10 bucks or something, I'll buy my oil and bring my car to you. If not, Tread Quarters it is. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Just a bum

Eurotuner757 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ufctapout
If an auto tech can't do an oil change without fucking something up, probably time to find a new line of work.
Most of these needle dicks that just change oil aren't auto techs. Just pointing that out for ya. IMO you aren't an auto tech until you've had to diagnose an electrical problem, chase a rattle or windnoise, or chase water leaks.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:13 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

I'm one of those really weird people that tries to get the best deal. For instance, if I know some places offer a service for $30, and other places offer the same service for $15, I will go with the place that does it for cheapest. It's a crazy fucking concept, I know, but it's what I do.

And as far as the "routine maintenance too high" thing, if you aren't shopping for the best price (read above), you are a moron.

Asking for some suggestions for a cheap oil change place really isn't that big of a fucking deal.
nobody is saying that shopping for the best price is not smart. But there is a huge difference in quality. For $15 you are probably getting recycled oil. Which is not the best for the car. I does not last as long and does not protect as well. There are also different levels of oil. So ... shopping around for the cheapest price you can find is not always the "smartest" thing to do. Most people on this site care about their car and what goes in it.

It is like the difference between "cheerios" and "tasteeos". Sure they are both pretty much the samething. TasteeO's cost half the price but Cheerios tast twice as good. I will spend the extra for Cheerios.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:20 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Nope I don't complain when it's not right because places usually don't fuck up oil changes.
you should google that shit. They cross thread oil filters, forget to tighten oil plugs. They are people too man.. they make mistakes. Yea, changing oil is cake. But when you have done 50 cars already today, it gets kinda hard to remember if you did everything on this specific car.

Kinda like if you worked at McDonalds. If you put a straw in every bag. Then you miss one.. would you remember missing it? or when the person says "hey, can I have a straw?" You respond "Didn't I put one in the bag?"... "Oh, sorry. I normally do."

Shit happens man.. nobody is perfect.

except me!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:35 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Anyways, like I said I don't have ramps or anything. If anyone in VB is changing their oil soon, and they want free lunch or $10 bucks or something, I'll buy my oil and bring my car to you. If not, Tread Quarters it is. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.
I'll do it for $30
Old 05-07-2009, 01:11 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by Reloaded
I'll do it for $30
Haha that actually made me lol.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:13 PM
MARK IT ZERO

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
nobody is saying that shopping for the best price is not smart. But there is a huge difference in quality. For $15 you are probably getting recycled oil. Which is not the best for the car. I does not last as long and does not protect as well. There are also different levels of oil. So ... shopping around for the cheapest price you can find is not always the "smartest" thing to do. Most people on this site care about their car and what goes in it.

It is like the difference between "cheerios" and "tasteeos". Sure they are both pretty much the samething. TasteeO's cost half the price but Cheerios tast twice as good. I will spend the extra for Cheerios.
Good point but what about purple drink?much better than grape juice.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:58 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

What kinda car? If its a Toyota, bring it here to me at CF Toyota. $29.95, but my guys won't fuck your car up. I mean, we can do any car really, but I'd prefer you bring your own filter atleast, as I'm not a fan of using the aftermarket filters.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:08 PM
MARK IT ZERO

Originally Posted by elambz
What kinda car? If its a Toyota, bring it here to me at CF Toyota. $29.95, but my guys won't fuck your car up. I mean, we can do any car really, but I'd prefer you bring your own filter atleast, as I'm not a fan of using the aftermarket filters.
It's an '05 Altima that I bought from CF Toyota a few months back. What do you do there, I may have met you. I had it in a couple times.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
you should google that shit. They cross thread oil filters, forget to tighten oil plugs. They are people too man.. they make mistakes. Yea, changing oil is cake. But when you have done 50 cars already today, it gets kinda hard to remember if you did everything on this specific car.

Kinda like if you worked at McDonalds. If you put a straw in every bag. Then you miss one.. would you remember missing it? or when the person says "hey, can I have a straw?" You respond "Didn't I put one in the bag?"... "Oh, sorry. I normally do."

Shit happens man.. nobody is perfect.
Given the average intelligence of most of the people that work at quicky oil change places, none of this is surprising.

Quick Reply: Good/cheap place to get oil changed in VB?