Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

got my first speeding ticket

Old 09-21-2006, 10:13 AM
やくざに成りたい

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atmdc has disabled reputation
Default Re: got my first speeding ticket

i got it on military highway right before the battlefield exit. I may just pay the ticket because I am a horrible speaker. how high does insurance usually go for one ticket?
Old 09-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by atmdc
i got it on military highway right before the battlefield exit. I may just pay the ticket because I am a horrible speaker. how high does insurance usually go for one ticket?
It may double depending on the violation/ins company. After my first at fault accident mine more than doubled.

Take the class ahead of time. That way you get the +5 driving merits. If it's a court ordered class, you won't get the points. Plus if you get charged, the merits will neutralize the demerit points you'll get for the ticket. Plus this shows the judge that you are taking action towards this violation and towards correcting the issue

Thank you, my services are only $500 for this consultation. I should be the dragva paralegal.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

djomega1 has disabled reputation

I think you should call some local lawyers. They can normaly reduce a ticket especially since its your first one. It will probably run around 250 but it will cost ya more for the ticket via your new insurance rate. I am not sure how chesapeake traffic court is since I always drive slow there since the cops love to give speeding tickets there and they can get ya while they are coming the other way. Normally va beach and norfolk cops are not as bad just dont fly past them. I came close to having them take my car just after I got it for racing. They let me go with just a warning but I dought that would have happened in chesapeake. Call a lawyer they can tell you if they can turn it into something without any points so it wont effect your insurance. Take Care and drive slow in chesapeake
Old 09-21-2006, 11:03 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

^^^Do not listen to this person either. A lawyer will cost you more than the ticket/insurance hike combined. Stop giving the guy stupid advice on something that is so simple.

I swear some of you idiots on here could fuck up a coked up, passed out hooker with her legs spread open.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:27 AM
やくざに成りたい

lol ^, my court date is friggen 6 months away, i wish it was like next month or sumthing but its 2 days after my bday and im already stressed with my other problems. guess i got time to think about it
Old 09-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve

basically i agree with everything that mad_dohc said but one part..go ahead and take the driving improvement course now..because for 2 reasons..it gives +5 points on your record to soften the blow...if u go after a court issue..you dont get that +5 points..you can say the same speech about "i needed to brush up on my laws" the judge will like it better that you already went...show them the card...after taking the class within a couple days will show on your driving record...so thus you already having a perfect driving record and the +5 points they will most likely say you have 6 months traffic probation...meaning in 6 months if you dont get a ticket again it will completely drop...i have done this twice...its easier to get out of a ticket if you have a perfect record..i would give you other advice but you dont have a wreckless driving ticket so your not into anything threatening anyways...you have nothing to be worried about..bring card and record(once the +5 points is on it)

1. going before court case gives you gaurantee 5+ points, and you get it out of the way as well. So if the ticket does go through you wont be in the negatives.
2. you dont need a lawyer and you dont need to stress it. the worst that can happen once you get the ticket is you have to pay a fine, and your +5 points will go down to like 2-3+..your still not in the negative(cant stress this enough)
Old 09-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

djomega1 has disabled reputation

I quess some people cant read!!!!!!!! I just said to call one not actually get one. They can tell you without losing any money how chesapeake is for a first offender. I never said get a lawyer. Learn how to read before you post stupid shit!! You most likely will get a slap on the hand its only 11 mph over not that big of a deal. its better to know the facts so your not stressed about it. and yes the ticket can be more if you have full coverage you will pay about $150 - $300 a yr for three yrs thats how long they stay on your record. Im just giving my two cents from my experiance with tickets. If you dont want to stress get the facts. its most likely nothing but would you rather go to a courtroom and be like duh I dont no what I should plea.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Got Ink?

SlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond repute

Insurance is gonna depend on who you have.
I use StateFarm and have NEVER gotten an
increase in prices due to speeding tickets, and
ive gotten plenty. From stupid ass tickets for going
10 over to 128 in a 55,(did loose my license on that
one though...)
Old 09-21-2006, 06:00 PM
やくざに成りたい

well i guess i'll take the class and then just go in for court. but if its only $300 more a year thats no big deal. i have drive insurance. i may be moving to north carolina, so if I do I will just pay it, but if I dont i'll go to court. thanks for the help guys
Old 09-22-2006, 05:36 AM
The Slide Show

B4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond repute

Dude same thing happend to me. Just go to court and plead guilty. As long as u werent a dick to the officer and respected him and did as he sayed he will put in a good word for you to the judge and then tell her it is my first ticket and that you would like to take a drivers impovement class instead of getting the ticket and she will probably gve u the class and you have to pay your court fees and all (like $88 is what i payed) then she might put u on probation for a few months. It wont affect ur insurance.

Quick Reply: got my first speeding ticket