Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

got my first speeding ticket

Old 09-22-2006, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: got my first speeding ticket

Originally Posted by MCJDMTR
Insurance is gonna depend on who you have.
I use StateFarm and have NEVER gotten an
increase in prices due to speeding tickets, and
ive gotten plenty. From stupid ass tickets for going
10 over to 128 in a 55,(did loose my license on that
one though...)
Mods should just start deleting posts this stupid, it would save everyone the hassle of reading it and laughing at this tard.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:51 AM
Registered Member

DC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to all

Go get your speedo checked/calibrated, take the driver improvement course BEFORE you go in, get a copy of your driving record, and plea no contest or not guilty. Explain that you were not intentianally speeding and the ticket raised questions about your speedo cal. Tell them you went and had it checked.

If it turned out to be off, you can then tell them that and say you had it repaired.

If the speedo was accurate, apologize and thank the officer for bringing to your attention the lack of awareness you had while driving. Turn to the judge explaining to him that you were not paying attention to the speed you were travelling and felt that you needed to take the driver improvement class to help better yourself and your knowledge of the laws. Make sure to tell him that you learned a lot from the course and point out details from the class to show that you were paying attention.

You can take an online course and print out information for reference. The class I took was http://www.trafficschoolonline.com It's like $50 and really easy to read. Take notes on the speeding section of the course. Most specifically on the facts of speeding and stopping distance as well as the dangers of speeding. Take other notes as well that seem to be important in the online course and tel the judge about it.

Apologize again and reiterate that you have learned your lesson and ask the judge to take into consideration your driving record, taking the initiative to go to driving school, the fact that you have learned a lot from it and took responsability for your actions before going to court.

If you think you are going to be nervous, tell the judge that you are nervous and ask if you can hand him a written explanation. More than likely, he'll read it but be prepared for questions.

Almost forgot, dress nice. Preferably a suit and tie. It shows that you do care and that you respect the Judge by taking the extra time to look professional.

Last edited by DC97Cobra; 09-22-2006 at 07:54 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Got Ink?

SlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soon2BeStangin
Mods should just start deleting posts this stupid, it would save everyone the hassle of reading it and laughing at this tard.
Sorry to have been a hassle by forcing you to read my post.

Mods should start deleting posts like THIS one from little fucks who think
they are the god of VADRIVEN.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Got Ink?

SlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond repute

DC97Cobra had some great info for you man, Ive gone to court in everything
from jeans and a T-shirt to military uniforms.
How you present yourself is going to play a factor in the outcome, if
you are confident in front of the judge and firm with your answers, it
will make a difference.
Good luck to you man!
Old 09-22-2006, 10:57 AM
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

Originally Posted by White Pinoy
no if your under 20 you have to pay and take the class. If you dont take the class your DL is takin from you
not even close to being right.... sorry.

but how long have you been driving?
Old 09-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

Okay, take this from me. I have made my way out of a fair share of tickets from speeding/racing/reckless/tailgating etc...

Yours is not that serious. Go get your speedometer calibrated, this will at least drop you into the 7-9 over or so, and if I'm not mistake that doesn't carry any points. If you'd like take a driver improvement course and bring it court, they most likely will drop it. However I saved that card for when I got a really bad ticket. Anyhow, Just go in, wear a button up, tie, dress pants and dress shoes. The cop will say wether or not you cooperated and from there plead guilty.. I mean if you plead not guilty your just going to look like a jack ass and a liar (you ARE guilty, just say it was not intentional and you apologize and have take xxx precautions to make sure it doesnt happen again). Just present the speedometer calibration and maybe get it dropped to defective equipment, or at least lower the speed.

Just my .02
Old 09-22-2006, 07:22 PM
ladies love my foam.

Originally Posted by NJEJ8
Okay, take this from me. I have made my way out of a fair share of tickets from speeding/racing/reckless/tailgating etc...

Yours is not that serious. Go get your speedometer calibrated, this will at least drop you into the 7-9 over or so, and if I'm not mistake that doesn't carry any points. If you'd like take a driver improvement course and bring it court, they most likely will drop it. However I saved that card for when I got a really bad ticket. Anyhow, Just go in, wear a button up, tie, dress pants and dress shoes. The cop will say wether or not you cooperated and from there plead guilty.. I mean if you plead not guilty your just going to look like a jack ass and a liar. Just present the speedometer calibration and maybe get it dropped to defective equipment, or at least lower the speed.

Just my .02

from someone who's gotten what.... 16 tickets???? hahaha
Old 09-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

Originally Posted by projektcivic
from someone who's gotten what.... 16 tickets???? hahaha
They werent all moving violations though
Never had my lisence suspended. I have two tickets on MY record. If I could go back and not drive like a complete moronic fuck I would have. But we make mistakes and learn from them, almost 1 1/2 yrs since my last ticket now
Old 09-22-2006, 07:31 PM
ladies love my foam.

Originally Posted by NJEJ8
They werent all moving violations though
Never had my lisence suspended. I have two tickets on MY record. If I could go back and not drive like a complete moronic fuck I would have. But we make mistakes and learn from them, almost 1 1/2 yrs since my last ticket now
but then AGAIN you DID just pick up an AWD turbo vehicle. lol

projekts prediction..... cobb tuning + sean + legacy GT = ticket.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:31 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by projektcivic
but then AGAIN you DID just pick up an AWD turbo vehicle. lol

projekts prediction..... cobb tuning + sean + legacy GT = ticket.

Fuck cobb
TDC tuning bitch
But nah, no tickets for me thank you

Quick Reply: got my first speeding ticket