Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Got New Heads Tuned Dyno Results

Old 12-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Hating...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JKim has disabled reputation
Default Re: Got New Heads Tuned Dyno Results

lsjuan on juan
Old 12-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Old 12-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall

Originally Posted by ritz
there are some funny ass shirts on that site.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:23 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

So what heads are your running and which cam? I'm getting my car tuned on January 14th down there.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:39 AM
OG Alumni

BigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TRYMYTA
hmm funny how its always the guy named Trent that goes on every board and acts like he knows everything. and starts calling people names
I call idiots like you a lot of names because your an idiot.

, well ASSWHIPE the reasons we buy converters is because of what they do,
No shit dumbass, no one ever said otherwise you fucking moron.

and when its locked it wont do what its suppose to do,
No, when it is locked it will allow the dyno to display the actual HP and TQ much the same as 6 speed does. Unlocked does not allow for an accurate reading because of fluid coupling dynamics. Who fucking cares about the torque multiplier on the dyno, it is not an accurate reading. The purpose of a chasis dyno is to get an accurate picture of what the drivetrain is putting down to the ground. The torque mutliplier only matters at the track.

and you are basically saying what a converter does its not real, your a fucking dumbass that hates to be showed that he is wrong.
So in essence you believe a motor that put down 440 crankshaft HP and 380 crankshaft torque going through a 2.5 multiplier is now going to be putting down 760 RWTQ after drivline loss? Thats pretty simple math 380*2.5 = 950, results in 950 shaft torque at the input shaft of the transmission, and after the transmission driveshaft, gears and tires it will lay down 760 in torque to the ground. If you believe that shit you are the biggest fucking idiot out there. Try getting some common sense.

Yes if it was locked I would put down more HP and Less TQ because the converter would not be doing what its suppose to do.
But it would giving an accurate dyno reading. The whole reason going to the dyno is getting an accurate reading. I surely do not spend money to go to a dyno so I can get a wacked out reading and claim that is the actual chasis numbers being put down.

So when I dyno my car I dont car whats made at the crank I care whats going to the wheels to move my car. Now make up your mind what you are going to argue , or if you think all this is bullshit find some hard proof that its not true from someone with technical information to back it so I and every other person in the world that has owned a converter can sue Yank ,TCI and VIGILANTI for False Advertising.
Why don't you do the research as to why a high stall car do not accurately dyno, I have and that is why I know. It is also the reason I know why to lock the converter to get an accurate dyno reading.

Now close your eyes count to one hundred and play hide and go fuck yourself!!!
Nah, I hear you are the bestest at that game.

Oh and By the Way you can Suck MY BIG ASS VEIN FILLED DICK fuckstick Cus nothing sucks worse then A FUCKING KNOW IT ALL !!!!
Its ok though every now and then one of my bitches gets outta line (BigBake)... gotta smack em around a lil bit.
The only bitch is you. You cannot even think up your own material because you are nothing but a pathetic loser with no identity of your own. Down to even your screen name is even a pull from someone elses accomplishments, TRYMYTA how original. Hey shadow boy, go pop another motor because of your incompetence.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Pimpin is Easy

TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT

I always lock my convertor up on the dyno as well. We get a big spike if you dont.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:14 AM
OG Alumni

BigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to all

Since I know you cannot do your own work, and you definitely cannot get your own reputation without copying some one elses name and even combo. I will educate you with some reading material on why it is not an accurate reading an why you should dyno locked.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...71&postcount=3

For those who are to lazy to check that link here is the post.

Only recently did the dynojet software become available to get accurate readings on high stall cars. The reason the high torque numbers are meaningless is because the rpm shown is not the engine rpm, it is the converter output shaft rpm. Think about it. You punch the car to WOT and the converter unlocks and jumps up to 4500 rpm (or higher depending upon your stall). During the time the converter is flashing up on the dyno, it is slipping; just the same way you feel that momentary lag on the street. It is not putting any real power to the ground. Then it catches at 4500+ rpm and stays there for a moment. During this time the car is accelerating the rear wheels on the dyno (you're seeing the shift extension) and then the engine rpms start climbing to redline. At no time was your engine at WOT below 4400 rpms, yet the dyno is giving you a reading starting at say 3500 rpms. This reading is false because the dyno did not factor in the shift extension.

So what good is that torque number? You can't use it to tune very effectively because you don't have a true reading at 3500. The only value is looking at the total torque you have at launch if you start swapping converters around.

The dyno is for tuning. Lock your converter and tune the car on the dyno.
The track is for racing and that is where you can show off the torque converter as you cut a 1.6 60' on a .510 light.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...12&postcount=5

Dynojet dynos do not measure torque or HP. They simply measure the acceleration of the drum and compute torque from that and then HP numbers using the drum RPM. Of course a loose or slipping converter destroys the relationship between drum and engine RPM, so you can't really say anything about engine HP since the formula is HP = torque * RPM / 5252. Obviously if RPM is wrong, so is HP. The dynojet can give some approximation of rear wheel HP, but you can't correlate that to engine HP with a slipping converter.

There is more but I do not feel like letting this little bitch suckle my dick any longer.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:20 AM
OG Alumni

Originally Posted by TheGoaT
I always lock my convertor up on the dyno as well. We get a big spike if you dont.
Exactly, anyone with common sense that wants to know the exact output with a true 1 to 1 ratio. You cannot achieve 1 to 1 with fluid coupling, because the transmission RPM lags the engine RPM on a unlocked dyno run.