Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

got a ticket in my new car, help?

Old 06-05-2011, 04:52 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: got a ticket in my new car, help?

Originally Posted by sliknik874
i just got a ticket, 54/35, just bought my evo 9,its pretty built up, it was one of my first couple times driving it, i even had i transport on it at the time because i was getting things fixed first then getting the tags, i passed the cop and thought i was going 8-10 over, he said i was going 19 over i was like WTF, im guessing the only thing thats gonna help me is a odometer defection slip? what do youll think?
its an evo9 not an 88 Oldsmobile, the odometer is not going to be off, go to court and bite the bullet on this one...

you are fucked
Old 06-05-2011, 05:07 AM
RevTek

calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
its an evo9 not an 88 Oldsmobile, the odometer is not going to be off, go to court and bite the bullet on this one...

you are fucked
listen to this man...............
Old 06-05-2011, 05:17 AM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness

since when did the odometer calculate vehicle speed? My odometer only keeps track of the miles it's traveled... I judge my speed by what my SPEEDOMETER says... Ynobodykatchdat??

Last edited by Nunyabidness; 06-05-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:21 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by Nunyabidness
since when did the odometer calculate vehicle speed? My odometer only keeps track of the miles it's traveled... I judge my speed by what my SPEEDOMETER says... Ynobodykatchdat??
oh we caught it, which is why we are giving the guy shit
Old 06-05-2011, 06:17 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

And this is why evo insurance is so expensive.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:25 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
oh we caught it, which is why we are giving the guy shit
Exactly, that's really the only reason I even responded to his dumbass boo hoo story in the first place, because what kind of "built up" evo 9 owner gets odometer and speedometer mixed up? I figure it's probably some kid playin with daddy's money. I kind of wish he had tried to reason with the officer though and say "I wasn't speeding, the odometer on my 5 year old car isn't calibrated right and that caused me to go 19 over the speed limit."
Old 06-05-2011, 06:28 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

Originally Posted by Race B&on
Exactly, that's really the only reason I even responded to his dumbass boo hoo story in the first place, because what kind of "built up" evo 9 owner gets odometer and speedometer mixed up? I figure it's probably some kid playin with daddy's money. I kind of wish he had tried to reason with the officer though and say "I wasn't speeding, the odometer on my 5 year old car isn't calibrated right and that caused me to go 19 over the speed limit."
and do you know how many cars are out of calibration?

about 1in 20k

the only cars i see out of calibration are cars with 22" wheels or bigger
Old 06-05-2011, 06:34 AM
Registered Member

GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX

Originally Posted by sliknik874
i just got a ticket, 54/35, just bought my evo 9,its pretty built up, it was one of my first couple times driving it, i even had i transport on it at the time because i was getting things fixed first then getting the tags, i passed the cop and thought i was going 8-10 over, he said i was going 19 over i was like WTF, im guessing the only thing thats gonna help me is a odometer defection slip? what do youll think?
You got an Evo... quit being cheap and trying to waste everyone's time and consider the ticket part of the maintenance costs. You shouldn't even have to look at the speedometer to tell the difference between 35 and 55. Unless of course you were driving like an asshat. Which I bet you were.

Jesus... I fucking hate these god damn legal advice threads. Don't want tickets? Don't be an idiot. Problem solved.

Originally Posted by RandomTask
And this is why evo insurance is so expensive.
Mine really wasn't that bad.... But I'm over 25 with a decent (not spotless) record.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Loser cant handle his car, listen give it to me.

Also Evo insurance isnt that expensive its just that most of them are financed and not paid off so that'll make it higher.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:16 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

I don't get what OP is trying to accomplish. He avoided reckless driving and the 6 license points, up to $2500 fine, year in jail, and 6 months suspended license that could accompany it. (in extreme cases) Sounds like a victory already in my book. Slow down or pay up.

Quick Reply: got a ticket in my new car, help?