Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Greetz!

Old 03-16-2012, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pepsibottle1 Pepsibottle1 Pepsibottle1 Pepsibottle1 Pepsibottle1 Pepsibottle1 Pepsibottle1 Pepsibottle1 Pepsibottle1 Pepsibottle1 Pepsibottle1
Default Greetz!

Hey folks. I'm Matt and just been trying to find somewhere local where I could meet up and talk cars. Right now I'm a senior at Granby but I'll be attending ODU this summer to study Motorsports Engineering. I want to be able to work on and build race cars when I get out, so that's my aspiration. Right now, I'm stuck working on my parents stuff although I've been helping a friend recently with his Civic DX coupe. He's building that out slowly but surely and it's been pretty cool seeing that come along.

Obviously I'm a car guy. I was born and raised on NASCAR; however I've sorta gone away from that and I prefer F1 and Touring Cars now instead. More of a road racing guy, haha. As I said, I'll be going to ODU and I hope to be an F1 engineer but I want to work on street cars and build my own stuff on the side. I love working on cars, despite not taking any formal automotive classes. I take Engineering at Voc Tech but everything I know I've either taught myself or have found out by tinkering firsthand.

My car right now is my mom's 04' Honda Element EX. She's giving it to me when I graduate and hey, can't complain about a free car, haha. It's got a AWD and a K-Series but it's automatic and I wish it was stick. Also, I'd like to possibly do swap for a Integra or Civic Si K-Series. When I graduate, I have $5000 bucks coming my way and I'm thinking about using it to sell the box and build a Focus ZX3 or CR-X Si K-Series. I love the box but I want something that gets down and has a stick, haha.

So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks to Cartman for telling me about the site and glad to be here
Old 03-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk
Default Re: Greetz!

Originally Posted by Pepsibottle1
Hey folks. I'm Matt and just been trying to find somewhere local where I could meet up and talk cars. Right now I'm a senior at Granby but I'll be attending ODU this summer to study Motorsports Engineering. I want to be able to work on and build race cars when I get out, so that's my aspiration. Right now, I'm stuck working on my parents stuff although I've been helping a friend recently with his Civic DX coupe. He's building that out slowly but surely and it's been pretty cool seeing that come along.

Obviously I'm a car guy. I was born and raised on NASCAR; however I've sorta gone away from that and I prefer F1 and Touring Cars now instead. More of a road racing guy, haha. As I said, I'll be going to ODU and I hope to be an F1 engineer but I want to work on street cars and build my own stuff on the side. I love working on cars, despite not taking any formal automotive classes. I take Engineering at Voc Tech but everything I know I've either taught myself or have found out by tinkering firsthand.

My car right now is my mom's 04' Honda Element EX. She's giving it to me when I graduate and hey, can't complain about a free car, haha. It's got a AWD and a K-Series but it's automatic and I wish it was stick. Also, I'd like to possibly do swap for a Integra or Civic Si K-Series. When I graduate, I have $5000 bucks coming my way and I'm thinking about using it to sell the box and build a Focus ZX3 or CR-X Si K-Series. I love the box but I want something that gets down and has a stick, haha.

So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks to Cartman for telling me about the site and glad to be here
Bit of advice, seriously...................dont waste money on that shit, save it. Drive the element, fuck bitches. Get that degree, do whatever you want in life.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Eat A Dick

Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff

Welcome turn the reps on, speak to us like a respectable human and you will enjoy it here. You are still in high school don't fuck up and try to be cool with a fast car, you will lose you're license or hurt somebody trust me. If you want to race go buy a stock miata for a dedicated track car, this kid is 13 step ya game up

http://youtu.be/gwZ5Jw-WLcU

Last edited by Riff Raff; 03-16-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:14 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

You'll be working on the Baha team most likely, good luck . Follow Daft's advice. Don't be dumb and waste 5 grand your parents are GIVING you on something as stupid as a civic.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:20 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

You will have many years ahead of you to build shit, and play with go fast parts. Ride the box into the ground, focus on school, and then play.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:26 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
Bit of advice, seriously...................dont waste money on that shit, save it. Drive the element, fuck bitches. Get that degree, do whatever you want in life.

Reps
Old 03-16-2012, 09:36 AM
NotAcOp:)

BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux

WAAAAAHH I WANT TO DO THAT MIATA SHIT!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:39 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Welcome!

Old 03-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Skippy

Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz

Welcome. As they've all said above, just save your money until you get your degree and have a set income that you can budget from. It may be 5 grand now, but save/invest that and once you get your degree you'll have plenty of money to play with. Also, keep in mind that being a team engineer, while fun, can be/is a very time-consuming/high stress job (deadlines/decisions that determine the outcome of races/etc). Just keep your mind on the final goal and you'll do fine.

Here's a link that, if you haven't seen it already, might give a bit more detail into the career path.
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/bl...gineering.html
Old 03-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Listen to these guys, they know their shit.

Cheers!