Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

H.O.V. ticket

Old 04-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation
Default H.O.V. ticket

I was wondering if any of you guys have had an H.O.V. ticket and how much was the fine? I know i shouldnt have been in that lane but i was running late for my second job and there was less traffic in there. Everyone was goin 55 instead of 60.

I was going over the J. Clyde over pass on 64. He was sitting against the wall on the other side of the bridge i saw him and got over quickly there was a car behind me and he was riding next to the other car in the hov lane for close to a mile then he pulls in behind me. He wasnt a prick like i thought he would have been, he was pretty respectful. this was my first time getting pulled over by a state cop an only my second ticket. First was a parking ticket.

But any info will be appreciated
Old 04-27-2005, 08:59 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: H.O.V. ticket

Damn, I didnt know cops actually cared about that.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:59 PM
DraG Va aLL StaR

poweredbyacuras is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a HOV ticket and I told the Judge it was my first day with the car since daylight savings time(you have to be within a hour of 6) and i didnt get a chance to reset the clock, he let me off.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:24 PM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

here's my question:

HOV is for High Occupany vehicles:
High occupany meaning that at least 50% of the seats are taken. So if you have a 4 door, 4 seat (that 5 adult crap need not apply here) car...and motorcycles are always at 50% occupany since they can only sit two....then why do crx's, mr2's and the rest of us 2 seaters get pulled over?
Old 04-28-2005, 02:28 AM
The Storm Is Coming

geonracer has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by crxnfx
here's my question:

High occupany meaning that at least 50% of the seats are taken. So if you have a 4 door, 4 seat (that 5 adult crap need not apply here) car...and motorcycles are always at 50% occupany since they can only sit two....then why do crx's, mr2's and the rest of us 2 seaters get pulled over?

One word "Import". They have nothing better to do other than guard a Krispy Kreme and pull us over for bullshit.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:28 AM
Seh-Fee-Ro

yokojzz30 is an unknown quantity at this point

lmao i always see one parked accross from krispy kreme in the parking lot of va beach blvd rofl
Old 04-28-2005, 03:31 AM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Originally Posted by streetsk8er757
I know i shouldnt have been in that lane
You know you were wrong.

Originally Posted by streetsk8er757
i saw him and got over quickly
He knows you know you were wrong.

The fine shouldn't be too much. I'd just pay it and be done with it. But if you REALLY want to make a big deal of it you can pay a lawyer and he'll work with the cop and the judge and see if he can't get it dropped/reduced due to your record. Don't try to lie. IT's too late for that. Just take your medicine and chalk it up as a lesson learned.

The bottom line is this: You won't do it again.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:52 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

Originally Posted by crxnfx
here's my question:

they
ARE designated as HOV2 or HOV3. i think it sucks that in an HOV3 area, the same said cars can and will get pulled.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:56 AM
Zoned Out

RubMyDub is infamous around these partsRubMyDub is infamous around these partsRubMyDub is infamous around these partsRubMyDub is infamous around these partsRubMyDub is infamous around these partsRubMyDub is infamous around these partsRubMyDub is infamous around these partsRubMyDub is infamous around these partsRubMyDub is infamous around these partsRubMyDub is infamous around these partsRubMyDub is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Spindrift187
Damn, I didnt know cops actually cared about that.
I don't usually get a chance to use them but yesterday I was in the HOV coming back from Wards Corner to the beach and saw two perpetrators getting pulled over in less than 3 miles . . .

Funny thing is, I had my 15 month old in her car seat, and even though that's legit, it doesn't seem right to me, she's like half a person. But I flew by a butt-ton of traffic that I would have otherwise been stuck in.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:23 AM
kosher jew

bseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these parts

the only way to solve that problem is to get a blow up doll like i will be purchasing

Quick Reply: H.O.V. ticket