Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Header Flange Work

Old 07-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OhOneSPI has disabled reputation
Default Header Flange Work

Hi I got a header made for a Zx5/Zx3 focus and i own an SPI motor from a focus. The problem is they only made a few headers for my motor and i had to resort to purchasing a diff. one. The firing order is the same for my motor so that's all fine. The issue is that i have to redo the flange. Does anyone have any recommendations to where to go or possibly even have air tools?
Old 07-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Header Flange Work

So you need to cut of the other flange and get the correct one welded on? Do you have the correct one or do you need to get one made?
Old 07-26-2008, 11:26 PM
Registered Member

OhOneSPI has disabled reputation
Default Re: Header Flange Work

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
So you need to cut of the other flange and get the correct one welded on? Do you have the correct one or do you need to get one made?
I need my current one fabricated to fit. The bolt pattern is wrong, i need 1/4 of an inch taken off the top, and where the new holes across the top are going to be are located in these "bigger" gaps separating the pipes. So what i was thinking was getting a flat piece of steel drilling the new holes through it, making spaces for the pipes and putting the piece of steel in b/w the bolts and the actual flange to keep the header suspended. Cause of the new bolt pattern holes dont have any metal above them, then this will cause the header to either slip or not be securely fastened. Im sorry if i made it sound complicated. It's rather simple, just i have the lack of tools.