Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Helicopter over 64?

Old 07-24-2008, 07:53 PM
CrossFit KILLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r
Default Re: Helicopter over 64?

Originally Posted by REKER
My buddy is a Helli diver (forget the actual name) for the Navy and he said when they go out to cruise around, they follow 64. Coulda been them.
It did look military grade. We have them parked here on the oceana base next to where we park our F/A 18s....but there was/is something weird about this one, he is in the same spot every time i see him. Facing west (eastern traffic coming to him) along a long and slightly inclined stretch of 64. The first time I saw him and everytime I see him something SCREAMS police in my head. Plus I've passed him twice in one day, Im not sure about the helos, but we usually only fly around 2 hours max.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:57 PM
DANGEROUS

REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
It did look military grade. We have them parked here on the oceana base next to where we park our F/A 18s....but there was/is something weird about this one, he is in the same spot every time i see him. Facing west (eastern traffic coming to him) along a long and slightly inclined stretch of 64. The first time I saw him and everytime I see him something SCREAMS police in my head. Plus I've passed him twice in one day, Im not sure about the helos, but we usually only fly around 2 hours max.
What color was it? The bldg I used to work at on NOB is surrounded by various Helo hangars and they are always out training.

What time of the day was this, too?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:00 PM
NUMBER4

fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
It did look military grade.
When you say military grade, is it a 53, 60, etc.?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:02 PM
CrossFit KILLS

Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r

Originally Posted by REKER
What color was it? The bldg I used to work at on NOB is surrounded by various Helo hangars and they are always out training.

What time of the day was this, too?
Grey or Green. Somewhere between 12pm and 6pm. Heavy traffic hours. Flying is one thing, but he's always hovering...like he's watching lol
Old 07-24-2008, 08:03 PM
CrossFit KILLS

Originally Posted by fish
When you say military grade, is it a 53, 60, etc.?
definatly UH-60. Weird droptanks though. Not the normal two finned ones you see around here on base.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:29 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

if you havent figured it out yet...as to why he is hovering...than ya need to pay more attention!!! He is DEFINITELY on the lookout for ZOMBIES!!! everybody knows that....
Old 07-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Registered Member

vitamin ef has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SPAWN
if you havent figured it out yet...as to why he is hovering...than ya need to pay more attention!!! He is DEFINITELY on the lookout for ZOMBIES!!! everybody knows that....
goto sleep
=]
Old 07-25-2008, 02:48 AM
uses cruise control

tangoDelta can only hope to improve

UH-60 costs several thousand per hour to operate, not counting crew members.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:39 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Drug traffickers?

Although its possible, It doesn't seem too likely to me either that they would waste all that money on fuel, maintenance, and labor to keep a copter in the sky to get a couple of speeding tickets. There's no way they get enough tickets to pay for an hours worth of fuel right? Thats just logical thinking, but then again this is America, and I love America, but not everything is done logically and efficiently.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:53 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

if its the Helo's hovering over the water on 64 by the HRBT, its touch and go training they do alot. Usually Navy Seals doing training.

Quick Reply: Helicopter over 64?