Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Help me make a dicision!!

Old 02-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GC84You has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help me make a dicision!!

Originally Posted by WRBWRX
Well, the motor going leaves me in a predicament of what to do next. There are various combos I could go with, and I keep going back and forth on what I want. Here are my options:

1. Complete JDM v7 STi motor (includes ecu, turbo, manifolds, etc.)- I could drop this motor in, and be set for a while. Seeing as it comes with everything, I wouldnt need to buy all these items seperately. This is a very good motor, all forged internals, and very high flowing heads. It is still a 2.0l, but can spin to 8k, and will be good to around 400whp, while maintaining relative safety. I may be able to have this in and the car running by summer. With a reflash, id be looking at around 300ish whp, but leaves me with much room to improve.

2. JDM v7 STi shortblock and stock heads- I could get this, but then I would have to buy all the misc parts again (turbo, headers, etc), and may cost more for labor as the heads would need to be transplanted. I would loose the ability to rev so high, and wouldnt have as high flowing heads, but this is a lot more cost friendly option, and would definately have it in and running by summer.

3. STi block with forged pistons and stock heads- this would offer much faster spool, and more torque, and around the same power capability as the jdm motor, but is going to be a little less cost effective than the other options. I could probably swing this by end of summer.

4. All out build- Most likely an Axis stage 4 motor (2.2l closed deck stroker, final displacement 2.35 liters) and fully worked heads. This option will eat into my wallets probably all the way till next winter, but ill walk out with something absolutely devastating. But then again, ill start approaching the limits of this tranny.

So I keep going back and forth on what I want. Should I go for what will my car back on the raod the quickest, get the best all around package, get some nice bottom end torque, or be the big beast on the block? It frustrates me so much because I cant decide on any one thing for more than a day.
Better yet buy a USDM STI shortblock, get a reflash because there are a bunch of Rexs out there with this done. 1400 out the door for the block, and walla instead of swapping engines, wiring, and everything else involved.

If you get any longblock packages JDM or USDM you need to rewire the whole car basically because AVCS if you plan on using the ECU that came with the package. AVCS being the reason why you want the JDM heads to begin with. Those are the expensive, timely choices. Great choices non the less because of the 8k redline (JDM) and they are semi closed reinforced.

If you are looking for the quick, efficient, easy choice, jsut get a USDM STI shortblock, swap bottom ends. Get a reflash from one of many people that can do it and done. I take that back you might need a little bit more than a reflash possibly a standalone but I doubt it. Good luck

Last edited by GC84You; 02-15-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Official Bad Omen

The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew

Its alot harder to do the wiring of a JDM swap in a GC8 body style (which I am assuming you have due to your screename), but this motor in a WRX i beleive doesnt require nearly as much wiring work, even for the AVCS. But, my mind is already made right now, choice 1 .
Old 02-16-2005, 05:19 AM
Registered Member

GC84You has disabled reputation

Yeah the wiring is harder on a GC, but I no longer have a GC8

Like I said if you get a USDM STI shortblock you don't have to wire anything ;-)
Old 02-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Now rockin a Jeep

MitsukillinS2K is an unknown quantity at this point

any way would be a killer combo on a scooby