Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Help my car..please?????

Old 10-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Hott Like Me?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AzNtoK1 has disabled reputation
Unhappy Help my car..please?????

PROBLEM: I have a 2000 GS-R Integra.. about a month ago in the middle of driving down I-64 she just bogged down and cut off (yeah it was scary)... then i got a diagnostics ran on it, and it said: the throttle postioning sensor went out... car has not been driven since :'(

SOLUTION: Get a new TPS... so i replaced the whole thing and put a new throttle body in.. then i filled up the tank and put some fuel injector cleaner in and am in the process of replacing the spark plugs and wires..
*correct me if i did this wrong: Then i tested the voltage of the middle wire the connects into the sensor and it read nothing..

SOOO... she still isnt running... she will start but she wont GO... and she absolutely refuses to rev past 2.5-3 RPMs..

Q: is it a break in the line where the wires connect to the sensor? or is it something completely different?

somebody PLEASE help me and fix my baybee.... i havent driven it in like a month or so.. (talk about depressing.. ) i just want to drive her again.. if anyone can help me... i will love u forever and ill give u a cookie
Old 10-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Ultraspeed

kirill has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help my car..please?????

Originally Posted by AzNtoK1
PROBLEM: I have a 2000 GS-R Integra.. about a month ago in the middle of driving down I-64 she just bogged down and cut off (yeah it was scary)... then i got a diagnostics ran on it, and it said: the throttle postioning sensor went out... car has not been driven since :'(

SOLUTION: Get a new TPS... so i replaced the whole thing and put a new throttle body in.. then i filled up the tank and put some fuel injector cleaner in and am in the process of replacing the spark plugs and wires..
*correct me if i did this wrong: Then i tested the voltage of the middle wire the connects into the sensor and it read nothing..

SOOO... she still isnt running... she will start but she wont GO... and she absolutely refuses to rev past 2.5-3 RPMs..

Q: is it a break in the line where the wires connect to the sensor? or is it something completely different?

somebody PLEASE help me and fix my baybee.... i havent driven it in like a month or so.. (talk about depressing.. ) i just want to drive her again.. if anyone can help me... i will love u forever and ill give u a cookie
try getting a new MAS?
Old 10-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 97eclipse
try getting a new MAS?
honda dont have MAS. ur ecu maybe bad.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:57 AM
Ultraspeed

kirill has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by JDM_EF8
honda dont have MAS. ur ecu maybe bad.
sigh...shows u how much i know about hondas...
Old 10-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

Try distibutor. Had both your problems happen to me and both time it was the dizzy. Thought my tps was bad, ended up being a bad coil. I replaced plugs, cap, rotor, and wires and it made the problem worse. Changed the coil and the car ran great. Also checked the voltage on the tps and it did not read right. And had a dizzy go out on me and car would not rev past 3K. Same thing happened. Went out on the interstate, car wouldn't rev past 3k, then just died. Thought it was a headgasket. Replace the headgasket and when I took the cap off the dizzy to set to #1, saw some metal pieces fall out. Car wouldn't start til after I got a new dizzy.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Hott Like Me?

AzNtoK1 has disabled reputation

whats a dizzy? and how much is that gonna cost me??

thanks
Old 10-03-2005, 06:33 PM
Tom

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom

Originally Posted by AzNtoK1
whats a dizzy? and how much is that gonna cost me??

thanks
dizzy = distributor.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks tom. Call the auto parts store and find out. If you can't figure out the small stuff like how to find a price on a dizzy, then maybe you should just take it to a shop and have them fix it.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:44 PM
kosher jew

bseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these parts

check your dizzy igniter...mine did the same thing and it was the igniter
Old 10-03-2005, 09:01 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

A TPS sensor is basically a potentiometer. I think its a three wire system on your TPS, is that correct?

The grey one is a 5V reference to the ECM, this provides a constant 5V (comes from ECM)
The black is the ground,
The other color (blue perhaps) is the sensor input (goes to ECM)

I'm not positive on your color scheme or even if you're running a 3 wire system. I really don't see how you could have killed your ECM by testing any of these wires unless you grounded INTO the ECM. (Meaning you hooked up your (-) to a postive feed elsewhere)

You should read 5 volts across one wire (the reference wire) all the time and 5V@ WOT on the sensor input wire. This could better help you isolate the prob.

Good luck!

Last edited by RandomTask; 10-03-2005 at 09:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Help my car..please?????