Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Hey guys! I need ls1 cam swap assistance...

Old 10-02-2006, 03:14 PM
New Year. Same Shit.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reocamaro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hey guys! I need ls1 cam swap assistance...

Hey tomorrow the 3rd of October and Thursday the 5th of October, I'm going to be working on installing my cam, pushrods and valvesprings on my 2001 STS Camaro. I'm not too good w/ engine work and would appreciate it if anyone could lend a hand. The car is located off hampton blvd. in Norfolk. Would anyone be able to assist me? I'm really going out on a limb. But I know you guys and girls could pull through to help a fellow f-body owner out Free drinks and refreshments will be provided followed by free dinner.

PM if available.

I'm going to be under the hood all day. So help would be appreciated at any time during the daylight hours
Old 10-02-2006, 08:25 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: Hey guys! I need ls1 cam swap assistance...

I wish I didn't have to work. And thursday I have class all day and work all night.

Old 10-02-2006, 08:31 PM
New Year. Same Shit.

It's cool. I have a pretty firm grip on how things are going to go. I can't wait to hear that lope and my turbo at the same time. It's going to be music to my ears.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:02 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

What cam did you choose?

I'd love to help but I'm out of the state at the moment. Good luck with it!
Old 10-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

www.ls1howto.com is your friend... follow it and take your time.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:13 AM
New Year. Same Shit.

Well, Day one went by rather uneventful. Got the car up on the ramps, got the drivers side valve cover off, all 7 of 8 spark plugs and all wires removed. The water pump is loose and the radiator is out. LS1howto.com rocks.

Found one problem w/ my number 7 plug. It came out black and smelled a small bit like gasoline. How bad is that?

Still looking for help for this thursday and saturday if anyone would like to lend a hand or their "expert" opinion.

EDIT: I decided to go w/ a custom grind 228/228 .570/.570 115 LSA from TRT performance. It's an experimental cam for them so they said if I don't like it I can swap it out for free. I've heard from some people that it should be a pretty decent increase and should accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish. (that being find the limit of the ls1 stock block first hand )

Last edited by reocamaro; 10-04-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

rollinna65 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by reocamaro
Well, Day one went by rather uneventful. Got the car up on the ramps, got the drivers side valve cover off, all 7 of 8 spark plugs and all wires removed. The water pump is loose and the radiator is out. LS1howto.com rocks.

Found one problem w/ my number 7 plug. It came out black and smelled a small bit like gasoline. How bad is that?

Still looking for help for this thursday and saturday if anyone would like to lend a hand or their "expert" opinion.

EDIT: I decided to go w/ a custom grind 228/228 .570/.570 115 LSA from TRT performance. It's an experimental cam for them so they said if I don't like it I can swap it out for free. I've heard from some people that it should be a pretty decent increase and should accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish. (that being find the limit of the ls1 stock block first hand )
You're going to hit the limits of those rod bolts or maybe even pistons before you hit the limits of the block.

I'd love you to help you out but I've got work on thursday and the girlfriend's coming into town for the weekend.

Last edited by rollinna65; 10-04-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:43 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by reocamaro

What turbo do you have?

I can find the limit real fast.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:23 AM
New Year. Same Shit.

There's an edit on the Cam specs. It's a 228/228 LSA 115, but it's .588/.588.

Jarrod, I have a 60 - 1.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:41 AM
New Year. Same Shit.

WOO HOO! Through all the empty promises of help, and countless trips to advanced to pick up a part I either didn't have or broke...The car started last night! No unusual knock, but god did it sound good. Thursday I take it down to Jeff Creech to finish the tuning on it and then Friday it's going to the 1/8th mile down in Hertford. I'm looking to break into a 7.99, maybe an 8.4 ya never know

Quick Reply: Hey guys! I need ls1 cam swap assistance...